Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
17 Posts
I bought some of the resistors but i was hoping for like a fix for all since i plan on upgrading all of the lights to leds. Thats why i wasn't sure if the other part from napa would work for everything. Resistors will be a real mess if i have to do that for every bulb set and what not.

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
I bought some of the resistors but i was hoping for like a fix for all since i plan on upgrading all of the lights to leds. Thats why i wasn't sure if the other part from napa would work for everything. Resistors will be a real mess if i have to do that for every bulb set and what not.
Depending on what kinda resistors you get, you may only have to put them in front, or in back, not both. I know there are some posts where people talk about which ones cover which scenarios. You may have to do some poking around to find em.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
198 Posts
I just ordered a set of switchbacks from autolumination.com. I found the LED flasher relay on Rockauto.com for $32, so I figured I'd give that a shot. Guess we'll see if all these play well together
This flasher relay work?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
198 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply, i deffinately like the switchbacks you have put in, my total comes to 130 for LEDS all the way around which isnt too bad!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
137 Posts
Ok guys I have a question... I put the relay flasher in to fix my hyper flash and lost my cruise and remote start because it thinks my brakes are on.
Well I finally got my relays to do the quad brake and turn signals and sure enough my remote start now works! But my cruise still does not work. :mad: I am going to check fuses tomorrow just to make sure all is good but Is basically the only thing I can do to fix this is
A. Open up the flasher relay like said somewhere in this thread and put a 400 ohm, 1/2 watt resistor connecting 2 pins. Read post 55
OR
B. Put in load resistors which is basically pointless since I already have the flasher relay.

I only have LEDs in the back currently if that has anything to do with it.

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Ok guys I have a question... I put the relay flasher in to fix my hyper flash and lost my cruise and remote start because it thinks my brakes are on.
Well I finally got my relays to do the quad brake and turn signals and sure enough my remote start now works! But my cruise still does not work. :mad: I am going to check fuses tomorrow just to make sure all is good but Is basically the only thing I can do to fix this is
A. Open up the flasher relay like said somewhere in this thread and put a resistor connecting 2 pins.
OR
B. Put in load resistors which is basically pointless since I already have the flasher relay.

I only have LEDs in the back currently if that has anything to do with it.
As I understand it, those are your only 2 options to get cruise control back. Your fuses should be fine, unless something else isn't working too.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
137 Posts
As I understand it, those are your only 2 options to get cruise control back. Your fuses should be fine, unless something else isn't working too.
Ok thanks, I kinda doubted the fuse part but i though it was worth a shot. Kinda weird how the quad brakes made my remote start work again but not cruise tho. :weird:

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
I have done nothing but for the past 3 days my cruise has been working. :crazy:
Looking back at earlier posts, the OP said on 9/16 that his cruise control was also working after installing the flasher relay, but on 10/2 it stopped working. :weird: So be sure to keep an eye on its performance in about 2 weeks and see if it's still cooperating. :yes:

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
39 Posts
flasher module

I have a 08 trailblazer,L6,module looks the same except the number is different,
15231201. nice pics.I'm going to have to replace mine, having the same issues with my trailer, rt signal and brake light don't work. thanks to other post and authors{the roadie,rrbrosse and others):tiphat

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
20 Posts
I FINALLY GOT IT FIGURED OUT!! LM 487 and 400 ohm resistor:woot:

The 5vdc(lights out) and the 7vdc(lights on) on the brake circuit is not LED related feedback, it's from the monitoring circuit for the cruise disable input. The LM 487 was not designed for single brake light assemblies, but for the full size trucks, with the quad brake lights. This is probably why most of you with quad brakes have less problems with the cruise and the LM 487. I have soldered a 400 ohm, 1/2 watt (it's 1/8"W x 5/16" L) resistor on the LM 487 between the brake terminal(B) and the ground(E). This dissipates the small amount of voltage from the cruise cutout circuit, and allows the cruise control to work, for those of us who don't have quad brakes. It also still disengages the cruise control when the brakes are applied. No need for load resistors on the signal lights, and I still have full brake output, in case anyone was concerned about that.

This post should take of all the questions previous in this thread. Glad to help.:woohoo:
Has anyone else tried this? I cannot find that resistor. There is a 330 and 470 ohm both 1/2 watt here locally. Would one of those work or are they too big/small? If so, which one would work, or both? Also, how did you solder it in? Any pics? Appreciate the help.

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Has anyone else tried this? I cannot find that resistor. There is a 330 and 470 ohm both 1/2 watt here locally. Would one of those work or are they too big/small? If so, which one would work, or both? Also, how did you solder it in? Any pics? Appreciate the help.
I'm not sure what math Doorman used to come up with 400 ohms, or if it was just what he had laying around, so I can't say for sure. Try one (without soldering it in) and give it a test run to see if it does the trick.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
82 Posts
Awesome thread with all the info.....for the 2 or 3 of you that seem to have this down packed is it possible for you to make a list of all LEDS BULBS and RELAYs that are required to swith over all exterior stock lighting to LEDS?

Much appreciated:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
running lights out?

So I bought a set of led lights for the front signal and tried it on my 02 TB that I just purchased. It caused the signal to blink really fast so I put the original ones back on. I'm not 100% sure but I thought these running lights were on whenever I have the engine running. My signal still works but they're not consistently on anymore. Are they supposed to? I check the fuse box in Can anyone tell me that he's running lights are supposed to be on always?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone had a problem with there front parking lights not coming on ????? they come on with the turn signal but do not stay on , I have noticed a blown fuse from them but when i replace it the fuse just blows again

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
37 Posts
hey question does anyone have tinted tail lights with there LED and if so whats a good LED count to get the same amount of light that we prior had without tint

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
14 Posts
It is confirmed. The LED flasher relay is the LM487 from either Napa Auto Parts or from LEDlight.com
I have been doing some research about this also and this is what I have found out. I believe you are using the wrong flasher. The LM486 should be the correct one not the 487. Big Apple how did you confirm this?

I went to 2002-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer LED Turn Signal Flasherdiodedynamics.com and searched for bulbs by vehicle. Scroll to the bottom of the page and they list only one flasher manufactured by Novita. Going to their site and comparing the 486 with the 487.
LM486
•12 Volt applications
•LED compatible
•10 Terminals
•2 Turn / 4 Hazard + Accessories
•162 Watt max

Cruise control compatible

LM487
•12 Volt applications
•LED compatible
•10 Terminals
•5 Turn / 10 Hazard + Accessories
•300 Watt max

The only other difference that I see is the max watts and the number of turn/hazard. But the 486 says it is compatible with the CC. This may be why we are having CC issues.

Diodedynamics - $60.00
Autozone - $51.99

81 - 100 of 105 Posts