Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
....My TB does not have visor lights so I cannot test that suggestion. Does anybody know of anything else i can try?
Does glove box have a light? That works too, AFAIR

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
327 Posts
This didn't work for me. I had LEDs in all my overhead lenses but still had the 194s in the foot-well and the glove box but the LEDs were still dim until doing the vanity light trick.
IIRC they are two different circuits.
I thought about doing this as well but That Lil bulb gets hott and I cant risk a fire
Like I said the 194 doesnt touch anything but metal so very low risk of fire plus my dome lights are never on for very long considering they turn off automatically when the doors are left open. Ive been running this setup for about a year with no problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys i added a load resistor to the very back led bulb on my trailblazer ext, and that took away the led being on dimmly after the car being off, and also when i turn on the dome light by pushing it in lights up bright as when the doors are open.

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer LT
43 Posts
Hey guys i added a load resistor to the very back led bulb on my trailblazer ext, and that took away the led being on dimmly after the car being off, and also when i turn on the dome light by pushing it in lights up bright as when the doors are open.
How did you do that? I just put LEDs in my 4 map lights and like others there dim when you just push the lens to turn it on, if you use the dashboard dimmer switch or open the door there bright

21 - 24 of 24 Posts