Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
477 Posts
Define "fit half way decent."

The part number source I have been using ( limited to the 2002 & 2003 model years) list different #'s for foam pads inside cloth seats and those inside leather seats. How different are they? No way to tell without the two side by side. My experience tells me they will be very close and you should be able to cover the for cloth foam with leather and cover the for leather foam with cloth with very little modification. Even a so-so auto upholstery shop will be able to handle this for you.

Some TV's have side airbags in the front seat backrest and some do not. Those backrest covers are NOT interchangable.

There is a very good article w/ lots of pictures covering installing Katzkin seat covers on this forum someplace. Check it out. Katzkin covers are not a 100% match for OEM. 95% - 98% the same IMO. Maybe the changes take into account the differences in OEM foam?? My advise is to e-mail Katzkin with your questions -- double check the Kat # for your application -- and then decide if the sets on e-bay meet your needs.

Regardless what route you take YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE YOUR CURRENT COVERS to install replacement leather covers.

Full retail at the dealer for OEM replacement covers are in the $500+ per piece range!! --- $500 for drivers seat cushion, $500 for drivers backrest, $500 for front passenger seat, $500 for front pass. backrest, ............. With that being said maybe your defination of "fits half way decent" just changed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.