Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
It is one of the worst air bag systems on the planet. Mine is all over the place. Some days it's straight some days leaning. I wish that option was not on mine.
Went out and took another measurement (just back from a rain delayed golf outing with engine off)...sure enough, now the Driver side is sitting lower and the passenger side is higher (by a half an inch in front). Go figure! :undecided
While at the dealer today, I did add the smokers kit (tray muffin and lighter - somewhere to store that spare change), and the rear interior Cargo Cover (a must have for covert storage of my Callaway Golf Clubs). I now have all the factory options (that didn't come with the TBSS originally), with exception of the Nav Radio, and the engine block heater. I think my next purchase will be one of those Flitz Polishing Balls for them darn "hard to keep polished looking" aluminum wheels!

·
Registered
2006 chevy
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I finally was able to get back to the dealer earlier this week and they did install a new FRONT right spring and it seems to have corrected the problem, no adjustment made to the airbags. I'll keep an eye on it.

Still have to go back to the dealer next week (4th visit since new) to get a new passenger door speaker installed as I've already blown one.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
545 Posts
I was thinking of the chrome to but worried about the quality. Chrome plating is not what it used to be due to EPA regulations. I see alot of aftermarket wheels chromed look crappy and dont last.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for all the 411. Especially the 411 from Liquiddi and Envoy Fan. My TBSS with less than 4K miles is about 1.5" lower on passenger side, front and rear. In the rear I adjusted the two bolts to the highest position on the passenger side and the lowest position on the driver side. Both sides in the rear are now even. (Unfortunatley, they adjusted evenly to the higher position on the driver side.) Now the front is a whopping 2" higher on the driver side. If you guys think that your dealer is BAD, you should try to deal with mine. Unfortunately, I guess it is my last resort. I would almost prefer to drive an uneven truck than deal with them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
there are 2 bolts in the wheel well. You get to them by reaching through the rim. Loosen those up to adjust. To lower the rear you move them twords the front of the car. To have them raise the rear you move the unit towards the rear. Problem is that you can adjust each one as close as you think they are matching on both sides and the thing will still lean. I found the best way to adjust was to leave the car running, get a measuring tape and just keep adjusting till both sides reach the same level. There is no easy way of doing it. Like I said it took me 3 days of 2 hours per day to get it 100% correct.
It is my own fault for looking for a quick fix. To save time, I used this forum instead of my Helm Inc. manuals. The air suspension sensors are not adjustable. Like I posted earlier, the rear is now even, but the compressor does not even come on and I am forced to go to the dealer for trim adjustment. Manual states these are not adjustable. Does anyone know where the air compressor fuse is located? I could not find it in the fuse box. Liquiddi, is the air suspension working on your truck and is it still even?

·
Registered
48 Posts
maybe u should get some new manuals.:yes: the airbags are adjustable if you have the patience to do it. It might take a few days to get it perfect. mine did. you have to remember, as soon as u adjust the screw the compresser doesnt come on. i waited between 5-15 min after each adjustment. then it came on . also when u lower it it may take time before the system lets some air out. this is why it took me 3 days. even if it took me a month i would do it myself instead of going to the dealer!

·
Registered
186 Posts
maybe u should get some new manuals.:yes: the airbags are adjustable if you have the patience to do it. It might take a few days to get it perfect. mine did. you have to remember, as soon as u adjust the screw the compresser doesnt come on. i waited between 5-15 min after each adjustment. then it came on . also when u lower it it may take time before the system lets some air out. this is why it took me 3 days. even if it took me a month i would do it myself instead of going to the dealer!
Well, gave the "procedure" a shot. It's amazing just how much you can raise/lower the rear suspension. Unfortunately, I would rather try tuning a piano! Just don't have the patients for this...too time consuming! No matter what I tried, the passenger side was always higher (by a half inch or more), than the drivers side. Apparently the sensor has the potential to move into a variety of positions because the clips the screws go into have the ability to move into different positions as well, making these adjustments even more difficult. Not a very efficient design for a part that apparently requires a precision adjustment. :cry:

·
Registered
39 Posts
At first I was thinking ok its a GM American made thing on my TBSS. Turns out its not that, but an American ASSEMBLED issue! You get what you pay for. know wonder the new Camaro is prolley gonna be screwed together by Australians for '09. Anyway, I figured it was a full tank of gas or 'just the way they come' thing but now I will have to fix mine myself! Just like my old Silverado, most leaned on the drivers front. I used rubber spring helpers to level the 'ole '00 Silverado. No wonder the shop that dropped my Silverado warned me against getting it bagged!......maintenance & adjustments always!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lean Problem

We finally got it fixed!

The problem is in the air compressor itself ,which is located under the right rear wheel wall.
There are two seperate air lines one going to each air bag.When you start your vehicle up,let it run for a few minutes. Then shut off your vehicle,and go to the right rear quarter where the compressor is,lay on the ground and you can hear the leak and watch the r/s bag deflate
There are two separate valves inside. The one going to the right air bag is bleeding threw allowing the r/s bag to deflate.(They said they have a whole bunch of defective air compressors)
Dealership ordered a new compressor assy authorized by GM factory.Dealership has to call and talk to a service tech there for Authorization to replace defective compressor done.
Vehicle sits level to within 1/4", deflates fine/inflates fine.When towing a trailer inflates and holds just fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the measurements

I had to deal with this after I had the dealer remove the suspension to install new Corsa exhaust. I spent 15 mins with the adjusters and got mine to the same as yours prior to reading this post. It seems like the 33 in the back is a happy middle.

Thank you.

QUOTE=KWB;180462]UPDATE: This is really strange (considering they are ordering another air bag)...picked up the TBSS a few minutes ago and thought I would take another measurement (as it doesn't appear to be leaning anymore). Checked the adjustment bolts on both sides and they don't appear to have been adjusted/tampered with at all. :confused: Front measures 32.5" (both sides), and rear measures 33.0" (both sides)...never been like that before. I'll leave it overnight and see if the passenger bag deflates and the lean returns...but for now...it looks perfect! :crazy:[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
chevy
28 Posts
Does anyone know if ther's a TSB for this problem? Either with the compressor or without?

Had the truck at the dealer for 4 hours and they got it to within 1/2" from being 1 1/2" low on the pass side. Now it's doing the same thing again and the dealer is at a loss!

We finally got it fixed!

The problem is in the air compressor itself ,which is located under the right rear wheel wall.
There are two seperate air lines one going to each air bag.When you start your vehicle up,let it run for a few minutes. Then shut off your vehicle,and go to the right rear quarter where the compressor is,lay on the ground and you can hear the leak and watch the r/s bag deflate
There are two separate valves inside. The one going to the right air bag is bleeding threw allowing the r/s bag to deflate.(They said they have a whole bunch of defective air compressors)
Dealership ordered a new compressor assy authorized by GM factory.Dealership has to call and talk to a service tech there for Authorization to replace defective compressor done.
Vehicle sits level to within 1/4", deflates fine/inflates fine.When towing a trailer inflates and holds just fine.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
2003 gmc envoy slt. Driver's side rear airbag still inflated after vehicle being off for hours. The passenger side rear air bag is heard inflating on start up. Need help to fix with out going to dealer. Thank s

21 - 34 of 34 Posts