Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife came home the other day, and her envoy smelled of gas bad. She filled her tank up. I crawled under the envoy to find gas leaking from the top middle of the tank, assuming that is were the sending unit is. I heard threw the grape vine that there is a recall on this? I don't know? If so I will take it to the dealer to fix. If not I know I have to drop the tank, but is there seal and a lock ring the wrots out or is the whole pump and sender bad and need replaced. I had an old ford f150 with this problem and the only thing I had todo was replace a lock ring and gasket. I live in the wonderful salt belt, so that does not help me much.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,292 Posts
It's a free replacement (when it occurs? I'd have to reread) many including me have recieved a letter. :m2:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to the dealer yesturday, gave them the vin and they said there was no recall. I did a little searching on line because I swear I seem somthing on that problem and couldn't find nothing. the only one I saw was corrison on som door latches are somthing like that. So I guess I will save my recipts and fix it.
Any input, or tricks.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
It is not a recall. "General Motors is providing owners with additional protection for this condition." For my 2003 Envoy it cover's "within 10 years of the date your vehicle was originally placed in service or 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at no charge" And Pennsylvania is included. A request for reimbursement, for work you paid for, must be received by GM by October 31, 2009. Call GMC Customer Assistance Center at 1.866.996.9463. This is directly from a letter sent to me on October 2008. Call for info, ask for an email then go back to the dealer and ask him, WTF.:m2: Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.