3,455 Posts
Thanks TJ!

· Premium Member
'05 TB 4.2 EXT
6,209 Posts

· Premium Member
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4.2L
539 Posts
There's something weird with the way this site handles pictures directly pasted. You have to right click them and hit "open in new tab". From there you can pinch and zoom.

On mobile, you long press the picture, click "open in new tab" and then pinch to zoom to your hearts content.

· Premium Member
'05 TB 4.2 EXT
6,209 Posts
There's something weird with the way this site handles pictures directly pasted. You have to right click them and hit "open in new tab". From there you can pinch and zoom.

On mobile, you long press the picture, click "open in new tab" and then pinch to zoom to your hearts content.
If you can do that to those pixs, just say so --- although when I tried that trick --- and other tricks --- they wouldn't even turn the little arrow-thingy to a finger --- so I know they aren't 'openable".

· Registered
2004 Chevy TrailBlazer EXT LT 4.2L 6 cylinder 4x4
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
If you can do that to those pixs, just say so --- although when I tried that trick --- and other tricks --- they wouldn't even turn the little arrow-thingy to a finger --- so I know they aren't 'openable".
Just seen this sorry….they are from an iPhone…I clicked on the little picture thing where you can change your text size and stuff….should I use the little paper clip that’s there???

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Excellent pictures! However, they are a little too close to really see where this and that are. I do recognize the bellows on the rack & pinion steering unit, and that things are oily, but that is about it.
I am going to try and take better pictures a little further away, sorry for the late response.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Uh huh . I see ................. or not .................

Post something better than a screenshot --- 'cause I cannot open those other pixs to see what you've actually done there. There's no depth perception.

BUT --- as it APPEARS ------->

.......... that puts your jack at maybe the #4 x-member (I can't see the exact placement, side-to-sideways anyway) and the stands are on the #2 x-member --- which isn't really an x-member, but a stamped piece of thin sheet steel that is used as a suspension triangulating-stiffener --- and it's not really supposed to bear weight as you have it.

It'll prolly work, but isn't a preferred place for stands.
Where is the best place to put the jacks in the front???

· Premium Member
'05 TB 4.2 EXT
6,209 Posts
Where is the best place to put the jacks in the front???
I tend to always use the suspension to jack a vehicle --- and jack stands too if they can find any substantive metal thst is part of the frame-side of they suspension.

Since it's supposed to support the vehicles weight anyway --- I like to use the lower control arm --- as far out toward the lower balljoint as possible on vehicles in which I have not gathered enough info on where the factory says to jack it up.

I don't like the pinch seams/welds under the rockers since after a few uses of them, they tend to roll over ... but that in itself may not be a problem --- just the result of using that spot.

Pretty much anywhere on the rear axle housing is fair game --- that tube is incredibly strong and you're not gonna bend any of it with the weight of the vehicle under which is it mounted either!

I'd still put the jackstands as far away from each other as possible --- to form a wide-based triangle so the vehicle won't roll over with a too-narrow footprint.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I tend to always use the suspension to jack a vehicle --- and jack stands too if they can find any substantive metal thst is part of the frame-side of they suspension.

Since it's supposed to support the vehicles weight anyway --- I like to use the lower control arm --- as far out toward the lower balljoint as possible on vehicles in which I have not gathered enough info on where the factory says to jack it up.

I don't like the pinch seams/welds under the rockers since after a few uses of them, they tend to roll over ... but that in itself may not be a problem --- just the result of using that spot.

Pretty much anywhere on the rear axle housing is fair game --- that tube is incredibly strong and you're not gonna bend any of it with the weight of the vehicle under which is it mounted either!

I'd still put the jackstands as far away from each other as possible --- to form a wide-based triangle so the vehicle won't roll over with a too-narrow footprint.

If you can post a pic on where you mean in the front would be of great help…the back I totally get. Thanks

41 - 50 of 50 Posts