Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys... Unkljon and I figured we would go out and try to inspire you all to get out there and find some cool trails.

This is a little-known trail in Baltimore County... henceforth known as the Lazy Saturday Trail. We don't want a bunch of yahoos out there to mess it up, so the location will remain classified.

Anyways... heres the pictures:

Stop at the entrance to prepare and check out the trail.

I need that lift, and I need it soon! High centered on a rut coming out of the mud.

Running tandem down the very overgrown trail.

Log... no obstacle to John's beast.

Working through some ruts.

It was a bit muddy in some areas.

Enjoy guys. I've got a quick video uploading. I'll post that later.

As always.... drive it dirty. :cool:

·
Banned
chevy
12,260 Posts
ok i give, which side of Baltimore county is that? Looks like west or north. I have found quite a few muddy trails myself to play on.:D

·
Registered
158 Posts
i like the pictures and the video... looks like a lot of fun! that is why i NEED to get my TB out on a trail... anyway, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
442 Posts
Hey Gang,

No, I'm not even remotely skilled with a Welder nor do I have the background to do custom work,,,good question though, anyway my Fab guy did this entire thing free-hand.. He just took the truck for the day and in between us going back and forth with digital pictures in email, he did this from scratch..

This thing is a BIG TIME SH$$ KICKER. It pretty much goes through anything,,

Very good at helping taking down overgrown brush on marked trails....as well as it protects the front end in a big way.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Did unkljon make that front bumper himself? That's what I'm wanting to do. Looks like alot of fun. Maybe one day we can have an east coast offroad meet. maybe on a long weekend or something.
:iagree:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
87 Posts
Motivated!!!

I think you guys did a very good job working that trail system. You have acomplished your mission on motivation for me! I need too work on my
video cam set-up for that TB Pack-Mule of mine.

Nice looking rigs fellas,
Keep up the good work..:yes::drool

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe one day we can have an east coast offroad meet. maybe on a long weekend or something.
I've been looking into this. Not too many places around that would have an extensive enough trail system to keep us occupied for a whole weekend.

Right now, I am thinking of the George Washington National Forest. Its pretty much smack dab in the middle of the east coast, so everyone should be able to go. I have a few trails in mind, but the following link is a map of all of the forest access roads.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/maps_brochures/mvum.shtml

Its going to take a good amount of planning and coordination, but I would love to do this. I think we could get at least 5-6 trailvoys out there.

Off roading, camping, beer, grilling... doesn't get much better.

·
Registered
2008 chevy
16,008 Posts
hey james, nice little trail you guys found!! looks like fun, not something i would take my truck through :cool: :no:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,401 Posts
Hey Gang,

No, I'm not even remotely skilled with a Welder nor do I have the background to do custom work,,,good question though, anyway my Fab guy did this entire thing free-hand.. He just took the truck for the day and in between us going back and forth with digital pictures in email, he did this from scratch..

This thing is a BIG TIME SH$$ KICKER. It pretty much goes through anything,,

Very good at helping taking down overgrown brush on marked trails....as well as it protects the front end in a big way.

The skidplate looks very good too. I would love to have a front bumper like that and have the skidplate also. does the skidplate block the oil pan or does it just go to the front of the frame?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I've been looking into this. Not too many places around that would have an extensive enough trail system to keep us occupied for a whole weekend.

Right now, I am thinking of the George Washington National Forest. Its pretty much smack dab in the middle of the east coast, so everyone should be able to go. I have a few trails in mind, but the following link is a map of all of the forest access roads.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/maps_brochures/mvum.shtml

Its going to take a good amount of planning and coordination, but I would love to do this. I think we could get at least 5-6 trailvoys out there.

Off roading, camping, beer, grilling... doesn't get much better.
I found this website.. http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/recreation/atv.shtml

Looks like this would be a very fun place to go. Even with me having 2wd I'm sure I could make it in places other 2wds couldnt.. its all about strategy and technique. I wouldn't be drinking seeing how I'm 18 :nono: Arn't I honest :D But Camping, grilling, exploring, getting to see the views I'm in for sure. Did anyone happen to see TRUCKS! yesterday on spike tv? Then went to a place called Turkey bay which is an orv park in kentucky but they have trails from beginners to very difficult. I wouldn't mind taking a trip out there either. gosh now I'm really excited! hope we can go through with this.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
442 Posts
The skidplate looks very good too. I would love to have a front bumper like that and have the skidplate also. does the skidplate block the oil pan or does it just go to the front of the frame?
Forgot to add that - god note to point out

That bolts from the bottom frame (The control arm frame starting points, probably using the wrong verbiage) and it goes to the front bumper. It is a skidplate and having used it, it is great for blue rails where the rocks get badddd... good question.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
and having a decent snatch strap...

and don't forget the hi-lift and hi-lift off road kit!

With those simple things nothing will stop you....

I don't yet have a hi lift but I will certainly be getting one before too long. Always carry 2 snatch straps and one 10,000 lb rated tow rope if it was ever needed. Also always have a shovel in the back of the TB and my toolbox along with first aid kit and medical gloves. my friends always come to me asking me if I have tools.. guess its just who I am to be prepared.

Also you've got me headed to the trail tomorrow with a friend that has a jeep zj (grand cherokee) and then my friends huge dodge. I'll take lots of pictures and videos too with the roof rack mounted tripod.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't yet have a hi lift but I will certainly be getting one before too long. Always carry 2 snatch straps and one 10,000 lb rated tow rope if it was ever needed. Also always have a shovel in the back of the TB and my toolbox along with first aid kit and medical gloves. my friends always come to me asking me if I have tools.. guess its just who I am to be prepared.

Also you've got me headed to the trail tomorrow with a friend that has a jeep zj (grand cherokee) and then my friends huge dodge. I'll take lots of pictures and videos too with the roof rack mounted tripod.
So this will be you:

I've got waaay to much free time... :duh:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts