Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bringing my girl breakfast at work the other morning and I pull up at a light right on the side of a Jeep Cherokee. Other than a muffler it was just probably a stock v8, nice rumble though. The light turns green we both take the same left on to a strip of road maybe around a 1/4 mile with a modest incline, rolling at about 15 mph we both gun it and I had him at just less than a car lenth right up until I was coming up quick behind a car in my lane. I let of the gas and he kept going but I was pretty sure I could have had him the whole way if that car was not in my way. Only got to maybe a little over 80mph but I still had a bit of pedal to push down if I wanted to. The only mods I have are a res delete and slight airbox mod,so the truck sounds decent . My only regret was not shutting off the radio so I could here the sound of both our trucks dueling. So that kinda counts as kill right?

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
it counts....nice kill man!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, he's probably on a Jeep forum somewhere telling his side of the story. At least my girl got her breakfast quickly.

·
Registered
2009 non_gmt360 other
883 Posts
Was it a regular Cherokee or a GRAND Cherokee? Both came with the 4.0 I6, but only the Grand Cherokee's had the option of V8's.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
26 Posts
Yea def kill. The tb's are fast man. I raced my buddy in his 06 wrangler 6speed 4.0l. I pretty much won i pulled on him the whole time but ya wanna know the funny part? I was towin a 5'x10' trailer! lol Vortecs own the road

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It sure sounded like a v8, I did not see if it was a Grand Cherokee though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts