Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so i have been searching around the forums for a little while trying to figure out what i need to make my aftermarket stereo work when i get the time to finally put it in. Ive got a 2002 envoy w/o the bose system but it does have onstar. I've got two questions
1) Do all envoys have amps in them whether it is bose or not?

2) I am trying to figure out which adapter to use...i am wanting to get this one since it keeps my onstar and is cheaper.:http://www.amazon.com/Axxess-GMOS-0...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1240678519&sr=1-1, but having onstar isn't really that important to me....its more of about the price.

will that one work or would it be better to go with something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/PAC-C2RGM24-C..._1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1242770048&sr=8-1

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
61 Posts
Ya I belive so. I installed some DB polk audio components and a set of coaxials in the back and they sound really nice. There was a bit of cutting to fit them in but not to back. The factory screw holes didn't completely line up.

I installed the DB6501 s in the front and DB651 s in the rear.
- Custom fiberglass enclosure in the rear panel. I have pictures posted in the picture forum.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,335 Posts
what about the amp? Did they put amps in the non-bose systems too or no?
I think you meant from factory.
Look inside your glove box lid - there's a list of codes - if UQA is there, you have the bose premium 6 speaker system with an amp. If not you have 4 speakers and no factory amp.

·
Banned
4,337 Posts
the gmos-01 and gmrc-01 are not required if you are worried about price. The question is do you want to retain the door chimes (when doors are open, key in ignition, etc) If you don't care abou that stuff you can pick up a metra 70-2003. You need to tap into an ignition source for your acc(12v+)/red wire

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
chevtrlblzr, yes i was wondering if it came with an amp from the factory. Thanks for the info.

Aukland, yes i want to keep all my chimes. That link to amazon that i posted had the GMOS-01 adapter used for like $30. That looks like a steal to me....i just wanted to make sure it would keep all my chimes and keep the onstar working properly

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.