Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well went to the local street races agean like i do every weekend. guy with a f-150 5.3 or somthing like that wanted to race me. he had a shift kit intake and a v8. i have smaller tires on stock rims some some miner waight loss, custom built cat back, and a ported t.b and i ported the vortec intake box. and we line up twice. the first time i kill him off the line becas he was :sleepy: and i got him by atleast 3 trucks... second time we raced he got a little better start and i still got him by 3ish.. he couldnt belive my 5k lb truck with a 4.2 inline 6 was that fast. i only told him i have a catback thow..;)... so yea good night for me.. i also saw a 500hp+ evo 9 stomp a 600hp+ nova. and some c5 zo6s run.. fun night.. anyways i love it when peaple think the trailblazer with a 4.2 is super slow. when all in all for what it has it isent that bad. he told me he ran like a 15.5ish with his jet chip in. but he didnt have it in tonight.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
107 Posts
yeah they will deff move when they have to, ive got exhaust, cold air intake, pcm4less , dash hawk , and new pulleys done to my truck, on stock tires and its impressive.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
:thumbsup: Congrats man! Just an off topic question where or who did the tb porting? I have'nt seen anyone talk about that before?:hijacked

·
Registered
2005 saab envoy_sle_xl
286 Posts
When i did my little test drive of the 05 TB a couple weeks ago i did a 30mph downshift getting on the freeway and before i knew it i was going 90 :woot: These things go pretty damn well for what they are! :hail:

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
yeah they will deff move when they have to, ive got exhaust, cold air intake, pcm4less , dash hawk , and new pulleys done to my truck, on stock tires and its impressive.
Really now, more details and pics because no one's done pulley's on an I6 yet...

And yes the I6 moves pretty darn well, just wish it had more low end TQ for towing like the LS2 does (sooo much nicer to tow with than my 02), but if you rev it a lot it makes really good power. Just wish it had a little better mileage, 20-21 on the hwy at 73mph is good but if I could get 22-24 Id love it even more. (My SS gets 16.5mpg right now at 65 cruising, Ive gotta get an intake and tune in it.)

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Yes yes more info on the pulleys. Who makes 'em and do they cause charging issues? Sorry hijacked the thread again! :D

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
122 Posts
More mods??? And something else I can hide under the hood where the wife won't find it? :D

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
nice kill... mine would be faster on race nites but they like it when i have all my lights on to light up the road while running.. which runs down the engine.. not to mention my aerodynamics are worse then a brick rite now..

Really now, more details and pics because no one's done pulley's on an I6 yet...
only thing i saw was the pullies...

info needed...

and maybe a write up on the port and polish of the throttle body...

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
Yeah these trucks have crazy top end, anything under 3K is garbage but my sweet spot seems to be 4500+ is when its really really moving, im guessin thats VVT working its magic on the top end, basically a ghetto vtec system

·
Registered
107 Posts
hey guys sorry been working alot, yeah i ordered all the upgradeable pulleys off of stylintrucks.com and i saw a deff difference when adding them!

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
hey guys sorry been working alot, yeah i ordered all the upgradeable pulleys off of stylintrucks.com and i saw a deff difference when adding them!
I'm checking it out now. :woot:

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
All I found was part #81220 that says its a replacement for the water pump pulley for a small block chevy. Is this the one you used and what belt did you go with as it doesnt reccomend one?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts