Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have recently purchased a 2007 Trailblazer. My girlfriend has a 5 and 7 year old. They have the booster seats in the back. They are having a hell of a time getting in and out. I don't really want to install a step outside so I was wondering if there are any other options. I did a search about adding a handle or something with no luck. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

*****EDIT*****When I posted I was actually looking for suggestions not taking a poll about whether your kids can get in or not.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
There are no OEM handles that install down low, but you could always find a grab handle at the parts store and bolt it somewhere they can reach. If you don't want to bolt anything onto the trim temporarily, or put on running boards, then the kids just have to get more athletic. Never met a kid that age that DIDN'T like to clamber over things.

I found these at a marine store web site for $8 each, if you can't find any at the parts store:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
my 31/2 and 7yo boys dont really have a problem getting in/out of our EXT. the 7yo puts a foot up, then pulls himself up. the 31/2 yo climbs in the stands up in the truck to get into his carseat, when he gets out he loves to jump out. maybe they have an easier time since its an EXT, ive heard the rear doors are bigger than on a standard TB.
( i have taken off the running boards, and my 22s raised the ride height 1/4-1/2" from stock)
how tall are they?

·
Registered
2004 chevy
587 Posts
I've got a 4 year old boy and twin 2 year old girls, and none of them have problems getting in and out. My boy usually prefers to climb in through the back and fall over the seat, though. I think he just likes falling down. :crazy:

·
Registered
2008 chevy
28 Posts
I am guessing these are girls, by the sound of all of the posts on boys getting in. You may also want to get different booster seats, I recall riding(rolling back and forth:rotfl:) in the back of vehicles when I was that age too. I know when I have kids Ill have to pay a few tickets from a few Cops that think they are my kids mother:bonk:.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
211 Posts
I got a 2 year old and a 5 year old. Both boys, they have no issues getting in and out.. they just climb right up.. though the 2 year old gets me a little annoyed since he will climb up with dirty shoes on the rear leather seats to get to his car seat.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
130 Posts
YOu can either wait a few years and they will be big enough, tell them to hit the weight room or get a new girlfriend without kids.....:D

I am just kidding of course. Just give them a little boost when they go to get in.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,140 Posts
It's not as if it's impossible but getting out of the back seat with a backpack or whatever. They can get in and out I just was looking to make it a bit easier.
if you really want to make it easier for them, i think you should put back the running boards. :yes:

sometimes we have to make sacrifices for our little ones you know.

look at the bright side, you could always remove it when they grow up. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts