Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a great site !!! Thanks so much to rbarrios & jackedupcanyon for the expert advice re: cleaning my Throttle Body on my '06 TB. It was a great help !!!

My '06 TB (bought used) came with a single door key. How do I tell if it is equipped for keyless entry ? Do I run the VIN Number ? Are the keyless entry fobs available on ebay able to be matched to my vehicle ? Is the set-up and program for these reliable ?

Thanks in advance for all your help !!!

This site has been a great help !:thx

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Is yours an ls lt?

it would help to fill in your user profile

look in your glovebox on the white sticker

see if you have AU0

if you have that you have keyless and you can order remotes off of ebay

Jason

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Please don't take this the wrong way, but it happens so much (asking vehicle questions in this SITE SUPPORT forum) that I made up this special sticker to slap down:

It's just we don't want you to be frustrated by a shortage of answers where the folks with the know-how aren't cruising in this forum regularly. Welcome! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry 'bout being in the wrong forum.

Just trying to learn how to get around on this site.

It is extremely confusing and difficult.

Is there any instruction as to how to send a message etc. or how to do searches ?

The site seems to be overly complicated when all I want to do is ask a tech question re: my '06 TB.

Thanks in advance

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Well, I didn't design the site layout, but the forums have specialties according to the system you're asking about. Some of us are experts on one kind of system and not others. If you know what kind of vehicle you have, then that narrows the field. It's really quite obvious.

It's running very standard VBulletin software used by thousands of forums across the net. Just poke around for a while and learn what's up.

But for a one-stop shopping experience, go to the "Resources" pull down menu button, choose the "Forum FAQ" link, then choose "General Forum Usage" and you'll get a page full of instructions for new users. Isn't this in an email sent to all new members?

http://forums.trailvoy.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_vb3_board_usage

·
Registered
2 Posts
My '06 TB (bought used) came with a single door key. How do I tell if it is equipped for keyless entry ? Do I run the VIN Number ?
We can usually check that for you. Please email us with your VIN# and also just in case the year, make and model of your vehicle (it is easy to make a mistake in the VIN #)
We offer a wide selection of original manufacturer keyless entry remotes (RKE, fobs) at discount prices. In most cases you can also program the remote yourself with our easy to follow programming instructions. Please visit our website at
http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/
You can also view our FAQ page for answers to common questions. Link below
http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/faq.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts