Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Are the doors unlocked when you go to it later? Security light blinking?

What do you mean the horn blows? It honks like it's confirming you want to lock or unlock it? Or honking like it's been violated?

Could certainly be a flaky keyless entry module, which in the rear liftgate. Might need a dealer to scan it.

I assume you have no aftermarket keyless entry or remote start add-ons? If you do - they're a lot more suspicious than the factory equipment.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The horn blows like you just locked the truck and only blows once.the secuity light is on the dash red in color? Im not sure if i have an alarm on it.also noticed when truck is locked sometimes you can open tailgate window and then it sounds like an alarm goes off.any help would be great . Thank you

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
I doubt that you have an alarm :undecided.

The red "light" is probably the red LED in the radio that signals, "this is my radio and will not work in your truck, so leave me alone"; not an alarm light.

The operation of the alarm system is described in the owner's handbook.

If you don't own one, there are copies in the Resources section.

Telling me you have a 2006 tb is not much help, please provide complete detail in the profile section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.