Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Magnetic Red Metallic Envoy XUV w/SLT trim
95 Posts
Which means as soon as the HVAC gets power, the vent doors are going to recalibrate all by themselves. All you can do it cross your fingers and hope vent doors don't crash into each other. If they do, hope that the nylon gears are still pliable enough they can take the hit without breaking.
Then what is the difference pulling the fuse instead of disconnecting the battery? I would think I'd be concerned about the rear electric roof, as well as the rear air bag sensors--yes, there's 3-4ft of snow on the roof since last Thursday but the rear bumper already looked knee height even before the snow...

·
Registered
95 Posts
And HERE ---> boys n girls is WHY we always put our PARKING BRAKE ON ... to keep the pressure/load off the pawl in the transmission and the steering from "relaxing" in a torque-loaded position.

Phttttwwwwwt!
"torque-loaded position!" you took the words right out of my mouth! I must have described it correctly.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Once you apply power to the vehicle, the ECM, BCM, and other modules will recalibrate whatever needs to be recalibrated to whatever was programmed in at the factory. Then after you get it running, the ECM will relearn your driving habits. Navigation, OnStar, etc. will all depend on if you have a current subscription AND if the OnStar/Navigation/etc. hardware is compatible with what is being used today (which for OnStar is unlikely).
I think there's a tailgate module inside the gate, maybe for the electric window going up/down and the tailgate latching for up/down or opening sideways... a module in the roof for the sunroof... a module on the roof for its movement... and a module for the mid-gate's electric window and latching too. I remember something about the air sensors on the frame with a pin that stays in them until they are installed too. Must be like a center calibration point for ride height. I wondered when the air bleeds out from sitting for so long if the adjuster rods get bent.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,715 Posts
"torque-loaded position!" you took the words right out of my mouth! I must have described it correctly.
Bad assumption on your part ..... I've seen this too many times for you to have awakened me to the problem.

Look ---> you're working on some sortta pickup truck --- which is NOT what this site's all about.

Modules is not just modules --- they vary from model to model.
Perhaps you'd be better served by attending a truck <insert make/model/engine/trim/codes here> and argue with them​

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,715 Posts
Then what is the difference pulling the fuse instead of disconnecting the battery? I would think I'd be concerned about the rear electric roof, as well as the rear air bag sensors--yes, there's 3-4ft of snow on the roof since last Thursday but the rear bumper already looked knee height even before the snow...
You're really REALLY not listening here --- just don't do it --- OK?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bad assumption on your part ..... I've seen this too many times for you to have awakened me to the problem.

Look ---> you're working on some sortta pickup truck --- which is NOT what this site's all about.

Perhaps you'd be better served by attending a truck <insert make/model/engine/trim/codes here> and argue with them​

I have a 2004 Envoy XUV. They have a mid-gate with an electric window right behind the 2nd row of seats, similar to a limo's window behind the driver but behind the rear side doors. Then the tailgate folds down like a pickup or opens like a car door, hinging on the right... like a big ol' Buick wagon. The window (with defogger wire) rolls up & down (electric)... and about the last 32-36" of the roof is electrically powered to go forward in case you haul refrigerators, trees, armoires, etc. Or you can haul a load of topsoil and hose out any leftovers if you keep the mid-gate up. The water drains out thru hidden floor drains.
See my avatar. That's what it looks like with the mid-gate glass up, tailgate down, and rear roof forward. They only made id for ~18 months in 2004 and half of 2005. They came with 4.2 or 5.3's. Mine's the aluminum 5.3L. It has every option except the rain sensing wipers. It has the OnStar, SiriusXM, and the factory Navigation stereo. If you put the mid-gate and tailgate down you can haul 4x8 sheets of plywood or drywall. I'll include a couple pics.
Font Material property Sleeve Paper Handwriting

Vehicle Sky Car Hood Window

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Tire Plant Sky

Font Display device Auto part Audio equipment Gadget

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ......................... sorry .... I've never seen one of them.

Entirely new material for me. Again .... sorry.
OK, thanks. I'm just wondering what will happen when I hook it up to a battery pack now that it sat for a year+. I bought this specific vehicle because it was a low miles 1-owner and had the most options plus the carfax showed so many parts replaced--I guess I could have looked at it as a lemon instead. It's all I could find after looking for a replacement for my ZR2. I'll start its own thread when I get the trans ready to install Thanks again.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,986 Posts
You're right --- but there IS a Hall Effect sensor, but I'm at a loss as to what it does

In the cylinder there is a small magnet which rotates with the cylinder. When the cylinder is rotated, either with a proper key or forcibly with pliers the magnet moves to a position close to the hall sensor unit. This activates one of two sensors in the unit and that sensor closes a circuit which causes a low voltage to be seen back at the BCM. The voltage seen at the BCM must match the voltage value for that vehicle stored in BCM memory. If it does not match then security is triggered. If someone tries to spoof the magnetic field it is likely the second sensor will trip and cause the voltage seen at the BCM to be too low also triggering security.

Here is a look at the circuitry inside the hall effect sensor unit. The circled resistor is the one responsible for the voltage value seen by the BCM. The resistance varies and I don't know how many variations were produced but I have seen color markings on the case of these parts which I suspect identifies the particular resistance.

Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic component Electronic engineering

Circuit component Passive circuit component Rectangle Electronic component Technology

And here I am experimenting with one...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts