Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this morning when I got home fr work I went to park and shift from drive to park. It got to reverse and locked up. I couldn't get it to shift to park, but for some reason it let me get my keys out from the ignition. Later on, I took the middle console off and used to manual override button to shift it park but it still showed reverse on the instrument panel. With the shifter in the park position I crawled under the vehicle and shifted the shift linkage arm/lever to the park position. I saw that the shift linkage bushing broke so I am about to put a new one on. Unfortunately, every time I put the keys in the ignition it won't let me take them back out. Something else I noticed too is that now I don't have to push the button to shift. The shifter can literally just be moved to whichever gear I want it in. It doesn't actually lock in place. Any ideas on how to make it lock back in place when in any selected gear and also to get the ignition to let go on my keys when it is put in park like it should be? Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No paragraphs. Run-on sentences. I'm not gonna bother answering until it's readable.
You did answer. You're just an offended old fart apparently. I wasn't asking for an English lesson. I absolutely had to edit too for this comment. Since when has "No paragraphs," or "Run-on sentences" been a sentence or even grammatically correct? With the attitude and pot calling the kettle black stuff, I'm not even going to tell you where to put your "answer." Move along now.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Can't read your run-on answer. That's elder abuse.

But in the end - your key is still stuck - right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't read your run-on answer. That's elder abuse.

But in the end - your key is still stuck - right?
Nope. My key isn't still stuck. There are other problems with the vehicle, which you would have known had you read. Apparently they are problems you don't have answers for. If you can't even read, how would you be qualified enough for what I'm asking?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. I figured out what the problem was. Not sure what the name of the part. It is the shaft that is under your shifter handle. The part that presses down when you hit the button on the side of the handle to shift wouldn't come back up. This made it seem like you were in the middle of shifting gears.

Swapped that part out and now it works right as rain.

Bushing was the wrong one as well to re-link the shift cable. Once that one was back on it works just fine as well.

·
Super Moderator
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
434 Posts
Ok. I figured out what the problem was. Not sure what the name of the part. It is the shaft that is under your shifter handle. The part that presses down when you hit the button on the side of the handle to shift wouldn't come back up. This made it seem like you were in the middle of shifting gears.

Swapped that part out and now it works right as rain.

Bushing was the wrong one as well to re-link the shift cable. Once that one was back on it works just fine as well.
Good you got it sussed .
Thanks for letting us know the outcome . :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts