Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 02 trailblazer LTZ is it possible to use key fobs from a 03 trailblazer LT? I’m wondering if I can reprogram them myself or if it will end up being a waste of time and just mess up the one I have working?

·
Registered
471 Posts
To my mind, they are identical since Amazon uses the same part number for a bunch of years.

Just program them all at the same time and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To my mind, they are identical since Amazon uses the same part number for a bunch of years.

Just program them all at the same time and you'll be fine.
It is programmed to the 2003 still, do I have to do something to remove it before I reprogram to my own? Also are there any instructions as to what I need to do?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just have any of the fobs you want to synch in your hand when you do it.

If you do it for one, you can do it for all in the same time period.

If I understand by reading between the lines here - do you need these fobs to operate multiple vehicles? I don't think that can be accomplished - but what do I know?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

If I understand by reading between the lines here - do you need these fobs to operate multiple vehicles? I don't think that can be accomplished - but what do I know?
No I need them for just mine, the other one is a parts car I have. Will I need to program my fob on it too? P.S. for anyone who saw my last post I still cannot find where the noise is coming from or what it is.

·
Registered
gmc envoy_sle
22 Posts
On the back, you will find a number...GM 15008008...last # will be different for #1 and #2...1 and 2 in large print.
I have 3 fobs, don't remember 2 #1s and 1 #2, last GM # will be 8, or 9. Google how to program them, easy, but have to do all at the same time. I have an 02 LTZ with 3 fobs programmed the same.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
78 Posts

Well I know you are correct indeed. Fob programming is for one vehicle at a time. Programming the FOB erases the existing FOB code.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts