Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I am brand new to the site and hope that it is ok to post my current problem on a new thread.

I have a 2003 Trailblazer LT with factory remote entry. Randomly (like 1.5 years ago) the key-less entry stopped working. I bought a new remote, tried to follow the steps on this site but no luck. http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=36

Specifically:

I can get the truck into program mode, but when I do the step to hold down the unlock/lock buttons on the remote (s), it doesn't respond at all. (I do get the horn and lock cycle response when entering program mode on the vehicle)

I have swapped batteries with other vehicles remotes to confirm the batteries work.
I have also check almost all associated fuses and they are all good.

Car power locks/unlocks as normal and no other issues.

I have been playing around with this for quite some time. So my question is what should I try next?

Again, sorry that this is a new thread, I just couldn't find anything similar to my specific problem...

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I haven't had a reply on this and was hoping someone would have some insight.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, I got the right remote based on the data from the vendor and other sites like this. I still think my original remote should work, but not sure what could be wrong on the vehicle side. I don't really want to go buy a new aftermarket keyless entry system, but if it comes down to it I likely will.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
169 Posts
first off did you check the fuses?

1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.

3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver's continue to hold down until instructed to release in step 9.

4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.

5. Turn the key to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).

6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.

8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel after the vehicle locks and unlocks the doors. (1 Beep of the horn may be heard)
NOTE: The next step will erase all transmitters from the vehicle after programming the first transmitter. Be sure to have all transmitters to be used on the vehicle available before proceeding. If you do not have them, skip to step 12 as you will effectively disable them until you can redo this procedure.

10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until the vehicle locks and unlocks. Even though it can take up to 30 seconds, JUST KEEP HOLDING THE BUTTONS DOWN UNTIL YOU HEAR A LOCK AND THEN UNLOCK.

11. Repeat Step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter.

12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode. (2 Beeps of the horn may be heard)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked all the fuses and everything looks good. I also can get the vehicle into programming, but on step number 10 as I hold down unlock and lock on the remote the vehicle never responds. I have tried it with both remotes and neither have any luck even after holding down the buttons for over a minute.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the original #1 remote and a OEM replacement #2 remote I bought. The #1 used to work and I have never been able to get the #2 to sync.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
4 Posts
Any luck on this? Having same problem but with original remote not replacement. FOB battery is good and it is sending a signal out... vehicle will not respond to programming.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Am having issues with my 08 TB also. Vehicle enters programming mode, but the remotes do not program. I did not get any FOBs when I bout it, and now have a brand new one that may as well be trash since it doesn't work. ( I was able to program the remote once, and only once. However when i returned to the vehicle about an hour later and pressed the "Unlock" button on the remote, it no longer functioned.
New batteries, check. Verified the code and part number, check. Check all fuses, check.The rear hatch locks and unlocks fine using interior controls, rear defroster works, wiper motor works, and rear washer work.
I'm at wit's end trying to figure it out. I have even verified that the vehicle is properly equipped from factory to be able function with remotes.
Can ANYBODY help me find this gremlin that's causing such headaches, or should I chuck the factory system and install an aftermarket unit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts