Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden I tried locking my doors last night and the key fob would not lock them. I thought that maybe the battery died so I went inside and got the other key fob and tried it. It did not work either. I used the button on the inside of the door to lock it for the night. I came out this morning, forgetting that it didn't work and pressed unlock and it worked. Tried to lock the doors with it when I got to work and once again, not working.

Any ideas on what could be wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody?

I even tried reprogramming them last night and nothing. I couldn't even get into the program mode with holding the unlock switch and turning the ignition on off on off. Think it's the module for the keyless entry?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,218 Posts
Could be a broken wire that passes through the rubber boot at the top of the liftgate. Has been a problem, even a few mis-diagnosed as a bad module when it was actually a broken wire. Apparently GM failed to use a proper type of fine stranded copper wire there that can withstand bending.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be a broken wire that passes through the rubber boot at the top of the liftgate. Has been a problem, even a few mis-diagnosed as a bad module when it was actually a broken wire. Apparently GM failed to use a proper type of fine stranded copper wire there that can withstand bending.
Is there any way I can check this or is it going to be dealer work? And come to think of it, it stopped working right after I closed my lift gate. :undecided

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:mad:

Update: So I wanted to check the wires in the rear tailgate only to find out that the tailgate is locked and will not even open with the lock/unlock switch inside the truck. No checking the wires for me.

Also, the interior lights will not turn off unless I press the button on the dash next to the headlight switch.

I'm so sick of taking this thing to the dealer!!!!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Checked both LGM fuses in the under-seat fuse box. They are fine. I did notice that the radio goes off immediately with the key. Also, my license plate lights ARE working, so I can almost certainly rule out the ground.

I guess it's down to the LGM. Only problem with replacing it is that my rear gate is locked and it won't unlock. Is there any way to get that open? Or can I replace it without opening the gate and going in from the inside?

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
181 Posts
Crawl in the back of your TB there you should find a small circular cover at the bottom of the gate. Remove the cover and there should be a way to release rear gate from there.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So for the past 8 days, I've been having to lock my car with the switch inside and then unlock it with the key on the outside of the door. This morning, I unlock it as normal and the horn starts going off. What gives? For 8 days it hasn't done that, then all of a sudden?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
yeah you should be able to pry that little cap off, and I think you insert a screwdriver and push. it should release the tailgate....

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update:

I went offroading last night. Beforehand, I wanted to take out my spare tire from underneath and put it in the back of the truck for more clearance. In order to open the back I had to pop off the cap and try to unlock the gate. I unlocked it, put in the tire and went offroading. Got home, for some reason tried the button on the remote and the damn thing is working again. Who knows what happened, but apparently it wasn't the LGM.

Thanks for you help guys!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
35 Posts
I had a similar problem; doors wouldn't lock or unlock with the key fob, interior lights were lit while driving.

I opened up the connector on the driver's side door and sprayed both sides with contact cleaner. It has been working fine for a few months now. If it happens again, I'll just spray it again.

Cheap and easy fix, if it works.:)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
12 Posts
One of two Trailblazer key fobs suddenly not working

I have a 2002 Trailblazer with 2 key fobs (mine and my wife's). Hers was replaced at the dealer a few years ago - without mine being present. Today mine stopped working and I thought that it would be a simple fix by replacing the battery, but I was wrong. Even though the non- working key fob has the new battery it still does not work. Just to make sure that the battery was not defective i put it in the other key fob and it works fine.

Any advice on how to solve the non-working key fob? Would reprogramming them both at the same time help?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Key Fob

I have a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer. And my key fob will not work to lock or unlock doors. And will not even respond in anyway, but I can lock them from the inside to lock my truck. I went to the Chevy Dealer and had the remote tested and the remote is good. When the guy at the dealership went to program it. it wouldn't work. When he held down the unlock button down and turned the key on twice. And then the doors responded. But when we went to hold the unlock and lock button down on the remote the locks kicked out on the doors before he could program it. And he said he never has seen that before. I've checked all my fuses and there good and I have even had my truck hooked up to see if a reading would come out on it. And the reading I got was a lost of communication stage 2. But I do not believe that this reading is for the issue that I am having. With the key fob and my keyless entry. Can anyone please help me. Oh and I have been to the Chevy dealer and they didn't enough time to see me and I had an appointment Thursday at 10:30. And still didn't get seen. Due to people being on vacation as I was told. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. You can e mail me also at [email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Key Fob

I have a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer. And my key fob will not work to lock or unlock doors. And will not even respond in anyway, but I can lock them from the inside to lock my truck. I went to the Chevy Dealer and had the remote tested and the remote is good. When the guy at the dealership went to program it. it wouldn't work. When he held down the unlock button down and turned the key on twice. And then the doors responded. But when we went to hold the unlock and lock button down on the remote the locks kicked out on the doors before he could program it. And he said he never has seen that before. I've checked all my fuses and there good and I have even had my truck hooked up to see if a reading would come out on it. And the reading I got was a lost of communication stage 2. But I do not believe that this reading is for the issue that I am having. With the key fob and my keyless entry. Can anyone please help me. Oh and I have been to the Chevy dealer and they didn't enough time to see me and I had an appointment Thursday at 10:30. And still didn't get seen. Due to people being on vacation as I was told. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. You can e mail me also at [email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
All of a sudden I tried locking my doors last night and the key fob would not lock them. I thought that maybe the battery died so I went inside and got the other key fob and tried it. It did not work either. I used the button on the inside of the door to lock it for the night. I came out this morning, forgetting that it didn't work and pressed unlock and it worked. Tried to lock the doors with it when I got to work and once again, not working.

Any solutions having same problem

1 - 18 of 18 Posts