Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 05 TB but it did not come with any of the key fobs. But I have confirmed it has keyless entry.

I have found quite a few places that sell them but I keep reading there are two Fobs (1&2) and y question is which one do I order? One of each??:confused:

Some please explain to me how to identify which part I need to order? I'd like to have two of them.

Thanks for any help,

Rich

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
52 Posts
Driver 1 and 2 are assigned by the order that you use when you program them. It doesn't matter what number is on the fob. Ours only came with one fob, with a "1" on it. I ordered another of the same part number. The DIC still recognizes the second one as driver 2, even though it also has a "1" on the back.

Our truck doesn't have the seat memory, but it does set the climate control and radio setting according to which fob is used. That functionality was not affected by having two number 1 fobs.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
Go to search function and type program key fob and go to second page after clicking on the one thread about half way down you will find the instructions. Its pretty simple, but sounds crazy. Good luck if you can't find it I will write it down and post for you. 1.Close all doors 2.insert key, press and hold door UNlock switch 3.while holding door Unlock switch, cycle ignition on, off, on, off 4.release door switch, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm program mode 5.press and hold the lock button and the unlock button simultaneously on one transmitter. after a delay of about 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programing of that transmitter 6.repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters 7.turn ignition switch to RUN position in order to exit programing mode 8. operate the transmitter to verify opperation I hope this works for you good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts