Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife bought an 05 Silverado Crew Cab, 4WD, short bed to take her 3 wheeler bike out for rides.

But I really need to factory reset this radio to get the previous users names out of it.

Help?

I'd really (also) like to find a user's manual for it ... a PDF would be fine!

I can make it change colors and run with my Androids on BT ...

......but those goofy previous users names are on the screen
............... and it keeps looking for a ........
......................<gasp!> iPoo!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow... that's great. I thought the Kenwood was too old to find into on it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo? <blinks repeatedly>

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! <gurgle>

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................. <inhale>

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Dayum! Fer sure?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now I have nightmares of needing a pass key code .. to which I am not privy.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I accidentally found out how to remove the faceplate today - it just fell off into my hands - somehow.

When I put it back in, it displayed the time (wrong) and the date (1-day off the actual date) so I hope I can reset the time/date without it getting all mad and just scrolling the 10,000 colors it can produce.

I dislike it immensely - but SWMBO loves the pretty colors - not that she'd even play any music on it --- NO!

The car must be as quiet as a morticians showroom for me to drive it with her in the car.

I can't drive with headphones - so I tend to not drive w/SWMBO very much.

I have yet to hit the magic reset button ---- I'm kinda scared....

·
Administrator
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
538 Posts
I accidentally found out how to remove the faceplate today - it just fell off into my hands - somehow.

When I put it back in, it displayed the time (wrong) and the date (1-day off the actual date) so I hope I can reset the time/date without it getting all mad and just scrolling the 10,000 colors it can produce.

I dislike it immensely - but SWMBO loves the pretty colors - not that she'd even play any music on it --- NO!

The car must be as quiet as a morticians showroom for me to drive it with her in the car.

I can't drive with headphones - so I tend to not drive w/SWMBO very much.

I have yet to hit the magic reset button ---- I'm kinda scared....
Maybe just have SWMBO hit the reset . ;)

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE:

Since SWMBO loves the sound of a mortuary at midnight (read that to mean: "dead silent at all times") --- if the radio isn't performing up to it's name (radio - ergo: a thing that makes music and human voices appear as if by magic from things that are both mysterious and concealed from her sight and provenance) and solely if the clock works (it does! somehow!) --- she's in her comfort zone.

I am not gonna poke that rattle snake again.

Signed: Bitten once too often and mute as a hammer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts