Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello my fellow trailvoy members! i was wondering about the kelvins from different vendors. i've been doing some research (sites and ebay) and a lot of their kelvin specs varies. some sites say 5000k is pure white while others say its white with a little bit of yellow in it. :confused: i was planning on getting my lows from jetttech and my fogs from vvme but now im worried that the kelvins wont match up. are there any members here that have mix-n-matched their hid kits? if so, do the kelvins match?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
many comppanies screw this up but from wat they claim and wat it actually is has big differences

3500k- brightest output, pure yellow light, however, wil not reflect on reflectors(signs highway markers ect)
4000/4300k- brightest useable output. what you recieve on stock vehicle HID systems, such as lincoln navigators/escalades/lexus/acuras. pure white
6000k-slightly less output (still 3x output of halogen) very slight blue tint, on road way still appears white
8000k (on my tb) diamond blue- slightly less output than the6k headlight has a blue hue to it visually, however on road will appear similar to a hyper white
10000k deep blue less output than 8k but still over 2x the output over halogen
12000k purple just under 2x the amount of output over stock halogen
30000k pink same amount of output to that of a halogen bulb, but with a light pink color

:coffee

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
good info irishboy.

lucky im a passerby, but this is a future mod...and i'd like to keep it all uniform if i can. well done!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
most popular is 6000K and 8000K..........I went with 6000K because it has a tinge of blue and not overblue comparable to 8000K...its really up to preference! Good luck!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx guys! and thanx ssmedt for the pic. it really clarifies my question. :)

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,147 Posts
it depends on the housing of the headlights also i believe. even though my lows and fogs are both 6000k and both have 35w ballasts and both are the same brand, they are different colors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts