Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've been thinking of selling my 2005 Envoy Denali but with only 80k miles I'm going to keep it for a few more years. Since making this decision, I'll want to fix a few parts that are broken/breaking. Can someone point me in the right direction to find OEM/Replacement parts numbers and some reputable resellers?

1) A/C control module on the dash no longer has any lights working

2) Driver side seat control board has broken. the only thing holding it on is the front screw. the 3, plastic, J-clips are all broken. need to replace the entire cover.

3) the center cover/arm rest makes the most annoying noise while driving or simply touching it. I'm thinking it's the cover since when I raise it and push down on the storage bin there is no noise, but when I push the top padded part it makes the annoying noise.

4) when the temperature is below 50, almost each of the doors has a squeaking noise. also very annoying. I took it to the dealer and all they did was empty about a a gallon of white grease on the hinges, this did NOT fix anything.

5) the headlights are not as bright as I would like. I have trouble seeing at night as I get older (only 35, so sad) and it seems the lights and fog lamps are about half as bright as before. I've replaced all the bulbs with Sylvania 'blue' bulbs and the lens for each module is clear, no haze. Any suggestions for replacements? I'm thinking real HID headlights and fog lamps would be nice.

There s more, but this is enough and I'll be ecstatic to get at least one of these 5 worked out!

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
1) A/C control module on the dash no longer has any lights working

you need to be handy with a solder... those lights are soldered to the circuit board.. and once blown, need to be replaced as such

this is the thread where you can see what it looks like.. you wont need the resistors etc.. he used them because he replaced his lights with led's.. but you can get the idea of what has to be done...

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=86603

2) Driver side seat control board has broken. the only thing holding it on is the front screw. the 3, plastic, J-clips are all broken. need to replace the entire cover.

just go to your local dealer and have them order one.. ive gone through 3 on my drivers side, and i paid $25 bucks each time...

3) the center cover/arm rest makes the most annoying noise while driving or simply touching it. I'm thinking it's the cover since when I raise it and push down on the storage bin there is no noise, but when I push the top padded part it makes the annoying noise.

not sure on what the issue is.. but unless you find a new lid on ebay, they are rather expenssive new from the dealership.. my father works at a Chevy Dealership and even with his price, a new center console lid for me was $80

4) when the temperature is below 50, almost each of the doors has a squeaking noise. also very annoying. I took it to the dealer and all they did was empty about a a gallon of white grease on the hinges, this did NOT fix anything.

i know nothing about this issue so i cant help...

5) the headlights are not as bright as I would like. I have trouble seeing at night as I get older (only 35, so sad) and it seems the lights and fog lamps are about half as bright as before. I've replaced all the bulbs with Sylvania 'blue' bulbs and the lens for each module is clear, no haze. Any suggestions for replacements? I'm thinking real HID headlights and fog lamps would be nice.

HID'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crackup:.. you will never look back once you get some real HID's.. the kits are very inexpenssive as well.. about $55 bucks with the relay harness to protect your factory wires...
hope this helps you out a little bit...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
Some Advice

check out new gm parts.com. You can order the parts yourself, or even call them and save a boat load by not going through the dealer. They are 100% OEM parts direct from GM.

Also with the center console, i had a similar problem. I found a way to fix it. Get a piece of coil metal, the kind with holes in it. Cut off a 1" piece, bend it at 30 degrees and wrap the middle in electrical tape so it less noticeable. Then unscrew the hinge to the console cover, and place the piece of metal in between the cover and the hinge. Make sure the bend in facing inward. then Screw it back up. After a couple of hard open and closes to get the metal in the right angle and position that works, it will never pop open again and will stay secure and shut.

And i agree with the last guy, go for HIDs. Make sure to have a DRL module and relay off the motor. Otherwise you will them burn out faster.

Hope this help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts