Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning up the TB's this weekend and noticed I had an extra shop vac hose......so, with a little bit of work (dremel with a rotobit) I added 2 cold air ducts and plumbed them up to my cold air intake, I figure the more cold air the better right??!!
Headlamp Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Car

Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive lighting

Auto part

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
If you have the time, the extra parts and the ability ANY power increase is worth it. Just ask Tim " The Tool Man " Taylor.:rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
124 Posts
I was about to attempt the same mod, but for the .0001 HP gain, I did not think it was worth it.
I don't know. If you could drop the IAT by 10 degrees by doing this, it would be worth the effect. I'd bet it cools quite a bit more than that though.

:crackup: <<<<<< I just saw this one and had to put it in. I love it!:excited:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
625 Posts
I was about to attempt the same mod, but for the .0001 HP gain, I did not think it was worth it.
I've seen where they have been dyno tested and actually made the vehicle have less power by 1 or 2 hp and if it's installed before the maf the air is straightend back out anway by the screen for the most part

·
Registered
625 Posts
good idea next time i take the trailblazer somewhere i'm gonna have to see what the intake temp is cruising and if it's to much higher than the outside temp try that

·
Registered
625 Posts
I was scanning my truck the other day on my way into work and on the way home and my Intake air temp is 10 -15 degrees higher than the outside air temp, and if it sits for more than a minute it climbs fast and takes quite a while to come back down. Now i'm going to have to do some experimenting with your idea TXBlAZER !!!

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm ready to add a third duct or I'm going to fab up an aluminum duct that will allow more air, since I got my custom grille installed. I have way more front exposure to free flowing air, so I figure the more air the better, especially since we've had so much triple digit temps this year.

It's such an easy mod and cheap too!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
After seeing what my IAT's are doing i'm going to have to try something. The aluminum idea is a good idea. I wonder how much room we have back there?? Never really looked to hard other than at your setup. Maybe even something from inside the fender? I'm going to have to add this to my list of to do's. My next project is going to be E-fan's.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
11 Posts
I'm ready to add a third duct or I'm going to fab up an aluminum duct that will allow more air, since I got my custom grille installed. I have way more front exposure to free flowing air, so I figure the more air the better, especially since we've had so much triple digit temps this year.

It's such an easy mod and cheap too!![/QUOT
Funnel shape catch and funnel shape to the filter. This way it would catch more air and you wouldn't haft to make more holes.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Did you ever do anything i still haven't. I really want to just haven't got the time to yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.