Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought the drop in filter. Was supprised how much price changed from retailer to retailer $82 -$125. I got it 82 taxes in
now I don't understand the charge kit. I am told $15 some places and $40 some places is there two different kits , one maybe more complete than the other ?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
376 Posts
Wow! That's a lot of money! My drop-in K&N was about $50 on sale. After a year, I purchased a recharge kit for around $12 (regular price) and it did my filter and the one on my wife's car. It was two cans. One is a cleaner, the other is the new oil. Filters are like new after that.

Your prices seem REALLY high.

And the filter comes ready to go. You won't need a recharge for a long while (depending on driving conditions, of course)

Bill

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
173 Posts
Wow! That's a lot of money! My drop-in K&N was about $50 on sale. After a year, I purchased a recharge kit for around $12 (regular price) and it did my filter and the one on my wife's car. It was two cans. One is a cleaner, the other is the new oil. Filters are like new after that.

Your prices seem REALLY high.

And the filter comes ready to go. You won't need a recharge for a long while (depending on driving conditions, of course)

Bill
:iagree:w/ Bill
I bought my drop in filter for under $50 on sale w/ a $10 off coupon. $82 seems too high. Even for regular price. And I bought a recharge kit for $9.99 on sale which again you shouldn't need for a while (depending on driving conditions).

·
Registered
376 Posts
I give that a big, EHH!
I wasn't really impressed. But I bought them for both cars at the same time, and I no longer have to purchase air filters, so I guess that's good. But mileage and performance changes? eh, not really impressed on Trailblazer or my wife's Sebring.

Bill

·
Registered
284 Posts
Do you guys see any differance in performance or mileage?
For a drop-in, the performance gains are not all that huge, but I am able to get 20+ MPG on longer trips which was not the case with a paper filter.

I mainly bought my filter so I would not have to buy a new paper filter every year. Its paid for itself just in that aspect.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
173 Posts
HP wise...I don't think so. If there are it's very minimal. I have an EXT so it's on the heavy side.

Mileage wise I get about .5 MPG better on average (city/hwy). On long trips I do see better. After the drop in I'm getting over 20MPG hwy. On a 700 mile trip I got 21MPG doing 75MPH. Before I would get 17-19 MPG on the same trip doing 75.

but my main reason for getting the drop in filter was to not have to buy anymore paper filter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts