Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys - I was thinking about Putting a K&N Air intake onto my 05 TB do you guys think it would void my warranty and if not do you guys know a place to buy the intake that's fairly reasonable

:thx

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
depends on the dealer

So you do what my buddy does on his taco he kept his old intake and when he needs to bring it to the dealer for anything he switches it back just in case. Cause even though it shouldnt void the warranty and theres laws against it some dealers are jerks and the last thing you want is to have to plead your case with the dealer its a pain.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
I have a K&N FIPK on my TBSS and the dealer says nothing about it. They just mark that the filter is lifetime on my oil change paperwork.

I have no complaints about Airaid, I had one on my Old Rainier and it was a nice piece.

I got mine from www.autoanything.com - They run 10% off specials and free shipping deals a lot.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,140 Posts
So you do what my buddy does on his taco he kept his old intake and when he needs to bring it to the dealer for anything he switches it back just in case. Cause even though it shouldnt void the warranty and theres laws against it some dealers are jerks and the last thing you want is to have to plead your case with the dealer its a pain.
:iagree: this is the reason why i kept my factory intake. i always switch to stock whenever i go to the dealer. its extra work but im playing it safe. :m2:

·
Registered
133 Posts
K&n intake???

Heres a tip......Save the money and buy a programmer,,,,,,

Really wont do a thing performance wise until you have some form of tuning/ programmer......

I custom made my cai , and lol the best thing is that it fits into the stock box..

Ive had the air-raid and the k&n.....The intake air temp was much higher + 35 degrees than my custom setup....

I dont think its worth the money, personally.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts