Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. Just installed my new K&N Filter tonight. Everything went OK on the install, but now the engine light is on. No I haven't been somewhere to get the code ran. I work 3rd shift so I was so exicted that I put the new one in a test drove it. Everything looked good. Get up about 4 hours later. On the way to work the engine light comes on. I disconnect the battery for about 30 mins it goes away. Then when I drive it around for a bit it comes back on. Any help would be great.

Got a good deal on it from ebay. $225.00/new free shipping. :woohoo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0020871131&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT&viewitem=

·
Premium Member
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
481 Posts
The only reason for it to throw a code would be if the installation was done incorrectly. Other than checking your work, the only thing you can do is read the code before we can help.

·
Registered
2007 gmc
159 Posts
If disconnecting the battery and resetting the PCM did not work for you then you probably need to get a tune to calibrate the MAF sensor for the new airflows. Would double check the install.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are the errors I'm getting.

P0101

P0102

they told me to replace the MAF sensor...I only have 30k.

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
You didn't drop or otherwise [email protected] the MAF sensor when you had it out, did you? It still has the factory MAF "screen" on it, right?

For the record, you do not need a tune for a K&N intake, especially with a MAF system (sometimes do with a speed-density system, because it calculates expected airflow, instead of a MAF that actually measures it)

Mike

·
Registered
2007 gmc
159 Posts
Maybe the 355s are a little different. Had a few that would continue to throw code with a K&N CAI. After the tune the codes were gone. By all means, check the install and the MAF sensor for proper installation and function. Maybe clean the MAF sensor???

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
maybe you have a leak......unplug the negative on the battery,,,,,retorque(hand tight) all the clamps...including the MAF sensor where it is located and go from there......good luck and let us know how everything goes

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK here it goes. Rechecked all of my connections. Everything is good and tight. Disconnected battery to reset everything again. That didn't work. Reinstalled factory ran with no issues. Reinstalled K&N. Engine light on again. I do have a question though.

1. After putting the K&N back in. Reconnecting the battery and MAF sensor. The truck doesn't want to stay running. I have to keep restarting the truck about 10 times to get it to run. Is that common?

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
It might be your throttle body being a bit dirty. Not sure what kind of gas you have been running but it may need a cleaning if it does not want to idle. It will eventually learn it's way out of the problem area but the cleaning is the best step.

The other scenario is that the MAF is not seated in you K&N properly and that is the sole root to your problem. Especially if it only stumbles with the K&N installed :m2:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fixed MAF sensor was in upside down. :bonk: Didn't read the instruction.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
You probobly got the MAF filter dirty from the new filter oil

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just wanna say thanks for all the help. I would recommend this to anyone.

Yes I clean the MAF before I reinstalled it. :bonk: Just make sure the little hole goes towards the filter....:bonk:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same K&N also and love it, I could have found it a little cheaper on ebay, but I wanted a valid warranty so I got it at here. K&N 63-3062, or you can try one of the vendors on the forum here, you can usually find a good deal that way as well. This was very easy to install and I love it. good luck :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
29 Posts
I have an 08 and im ordering the K&N in the morning. Was hoping you could post a pic or 2 so i could see what to expect. Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts