Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
The one I would have made has rubber cuplets to keep cost down. If you could make me one with rubber, that would save us both money and I would be more likely to buy one. I do want to replace the intake tubing, but I know I won't get much, if any hp out of it, so I it's hard to convince myself to pay alot of money for it and have "high quality" part such as silicone instead of rubber.
Are you that far from my shop ? We will install one for you . You will not see any real increase with out removing the neck down. Don't you have a Diablo ?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
where it connects to the throttle body
Does it need one there? Like I said, I have seen a couple designs that didn't have a bend there. I think it would be possible.

I'll mock one up and see how it goes. I am sure I could get one to work SOMEHOW.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thats rubber LOL Which is what we were talking about ;) That is cheap though!
The one I would have made has rubber cuplets to keep cost down.
We as in I, or we as in Andy? I have been refering to the rubber one since the start. That was the point of it, to make one with rubber to keep cost down.

You couldnt even get the 90 degree fitting for $50 shipped in small QTY LOL
You didn't specifiy silicone here, so I thought you were refering to the rubber one. Which is why I posted a link to a rubber one.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Are you that far from my shop ? We will install one for you . You will not see any real increase with out removing the neck down. Don't you have a Diablo ?
No longer have the Diablo. I am having someone else tune my ECM/TCM. They are not a vendor here, so I don't want to say the name of the place.

$225 for a tune...that's a hell of a deal!! :)

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
You get what you pay for ;) Just remember unlike other shops, EVERY SS specific vendor on here owns AT LEAST one of these trucks and spends all day with them unlike guys who get them on the dyno for a few hours and then blow them out the door.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
You get what you pay for ;) Just remember unlike other shops, EVERY SS specific vendor on here owns AT LEAST one of these trucks and spends all day with them unlike guys who get them on the dyno for a few hours and then blow them out the door.
One of the tuners at this place has a TBSS. They have also tuned several others and are getting the same results as the vendors here. 27-28hp and seem to be doing well with their TCM tuning too.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
Maybe you should look at the dyno sheets posted here and printed in GMHTP that show 40 to the tires in third on a awd on a mustang dyno ;) Always set the bar in a reasonable area and over-deliver, but like I said good luck ;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Maybe you should look at the dyno sheets posted here and printed in GMHTP that show 40 to the tires in third on a awd on a mustang dyno ;) Always set the bar in a reasonable area and over-deliver, but like I said good luck ;)
Yes, I see that. But wasn't it you bashing another tuner once before for posting results like that? Yes, I believe so. You know better than that, you are just trying to prove a moot point. You get 40hp in one little area and claimed to have gained 40hp, which you know damn well that's not how it works. Again, I am not an idiot, so don't talk to me like I am. You gained an average of 27-30hp, which is just like EVERYONE else, so stop thinking you are doing something that the other guys cannot.

Please, let's not discuss "over-delivering". We all know that you are a little short of "delivering" for people.;)

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
Why don't you call me (number is in our section) and I'll explain a few things to you that I'm sure will change your tune a bit, I look forward to your call.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.