Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought jvc kw-avx810 online and want to install it in GMC Envoy 2003 with existing Bose Radio with AMP and onstar.

I just bought the basic wiring harness to connect wires but i am bit confused . as the OEM radio has 2 sockets in the back and the harness that i bought has just 1 12or14 pin connector (big one) so what should i do about the small pin thing . I do not want to retain the chimes or on star . Just want to install the after market radio and connect it to the existing AMP . If you guys want i can upload the pictures in both connectors.

Also if possible would need the wiring schematics or whatever thing that helps me wire this thing . I do not want to spend 100-150$ by going to professional

:thx:thx:thx

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
169 Posts
you will only need the big connector, as for using the stock bose amp im pretty sure you will need the wiring harness that has the chime module in it, you just wont have to connect the wires for the on star

another thing you might have to do is that you will have to cut a small bracket in the back where the stock radio mounts to otherwise the new hu might not fit

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried the simple male female harness and it works out good . but now the problem is i do not get any sound in it . the stereo runs good . runs dvd and all but no sound at all and when i plug back OEM radio it works well . I read somewhere that i have to look for a pink wire which turns on the amp but i am not able to find it and even if i find it do not know where to connect it to

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
169 Posts
sounds like your amp isnt turning on, idk the wiring for the trucks with a bose system

im guessing the pink wire that you mentioned is the amp turn on wire, you would connect that to the blue antenna/remote turn on wire

look for that wire on the truck side of the harness the male end, if you don't see it on the big plug then its probably on the little one

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok . So now i have 1 blue/white wire in the factory wiring and for my JVC unit i have 2 blues. 1 solid blue and 1 blue/white

as per instruction manual it says

(GMWIRE)Blue/White = +12V Remote Output (Amp remote, Radio ON Signal)
(JVC)Blue/white = to the remote lead of the other equipment(200 mA max)
(JVC)Solid Blue = To the automatic antenna if any(200 mA max)

Both Blue/White were already connected but got no sound so should i connect all together or ????? where to connect the PINKY !!!:duh::duh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.