Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2004 when I bought my 2002 Envoy (used), it needed new brakes- at the time had 64k miles. I installed rotors and lifetime warranty pads from Autozone.

In 2006, I replaced the pads for free (under warranty) from autozone. They still had a good 60% pad left. Rotors still in great shape. (I replaced the pads because I replaced a wheel bearing and decided "what the heck - while Im in here".

Today, at 115,000 miles, I replaced the pads again (free, under warranty). Reason - the rotors rusted and started to flake away, killing a pad. The rest had 50% or more still.

I paid $17.99 for "lifetime" pads from Autozone on 10-15-2004 and havent paid anything since for pads, despite 2 addt'l replacements :D :D

Am I the only one using Autozones lifetime warranty to their advantage out there? Im loving it. Wish the stupid rotors were under lifetime warranty too! :undecided :D

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
183 Posts
Thats why the pads are lifetime warranty, because the rotors cost twice as much!!! Thay'll get the money one way or another.:m2:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats why the pads are lifetime warranty, because the rotors cost twice as much!!! Thay'll get the money one way or another.:m2:
Actually I didnt buy the rotors from them this time. I priced around and found them $2 cheaper at a mom and pop shop.

At $32/ea for the front rotors, I couldnt find them any cheaper (not even Rockauto!). :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
303 Posts
I did this too, but I actually sprung for the more expensive Duralast pads. I figured since I get them free after the initial purchase, I may as well get the more expensive ones. The pads seem to work alright, and they do wear quicker than others I've seen, but since they are free, and it takes about 30 minutes to change them, it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
399 Posts
Just my :m2: guys, but I go with the good pads (I personally hate autozone and their cheap parts). The reason being, stopping power, dust, squeaking, etc. But also, look at how many times you've had to do the job now compared to possibly once with good stuff. Just a thought. If you're happy with them though and it stops for you, that's all that matters.:thumbsup:

I'm actually going to be doing our Envoy's fronts tomorrow. Plan on getting Wagner Thermoquiet semi-metallic for 54.99 at Advance Auto Parts. I'm going to have the rotors turned since they are still in good shape.

**Update, see other thread. I bought Raybestos on sale at Rock-Auto for 19.05 a set!!:woot:**

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
yes i use Duralast Golds which is the upscale Duralasts and ive had no problems with them, gotten like four or five sets for free with no problems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts