Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...to all the contributors of this site. Ran into a problem the other day with battery dying. After replacing it, 2004 Ascender was running like crap when A/C was turned on. I took the vehicle to Autozone and they immediately said it must be the alternator. I changed out the alternator and the problem was still there. Frustrated, I surfed the web looking for answers and came upon this site. After searching for 5 whole minutes found several threads about the TB being junky and needing cleaned. Last night, I put the old alternator back on, returned the new one, and puechased a $2 can of carb/choke cleaner. Got home, removed the TB, and cleaned the hell out of it. I must admit I was a little leary as to whether this simple fix would actually do anything. Put everything back together and BAM!!!! Ascender runs like a champ again. Problem went away and the honestly the thing runs better. So thanks again to everyone here.:woot::woohoo:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
56 Posts
w00h00!!
Welcome man!
I am new here myself, yet this place is a Class-A Community :)

I have come to believe their slogan should be what rodie always says:
Welcome, and remember to clean your throttle body! :)

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
Change the alternator for rough idle? :confused: Indeed. :rolleyes: Who's training those folks? www.ricersAREus.com?
:rotfl: :iagree:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Asking MOST people at Autozone for mechanical advise is like asking the cashier at your neighborhood drugstore chain for medical advice!

Welcome to the o/p. At least you realized the error of your ways and found this great site! Good job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear you guys on the Autozone advice. Generally don't make a habit of using them for technical help but honestly I've never turned a wrench on this vehicle before this mishap. Always had the stealership handle it under warranty. My Harley and the Camaro SS I used to have, nobody else touched but me. Anyway, thanks again for the help and the welcomes. Been surfing around today, alot of good info here.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
771 Posts
Just to let you know this one is free, next time you pay:D Kidding. Welcome and enjoy your stay. All we ask in return is to help someone esle if you have a solution to their issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.