Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My Trailblazer just turned the 100,000 mile mark tonight. I already put in new sparkplugs (ac delco of cource). not too bad to install (fairly easy). What else SHOULD i do for my trailblazer? Thanks so much everyone. :thx

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
congrats; i just rolled over 40,000 myself:raspberry

but at 100 if you have not done so yet probably a good idea to change out all fluids; (trans, diff, etc.)

and have you cleand your throttle body?
have not cleaned throttle body. How many of those things would be easy enough to do myself? & which ones would i have to take in to the shop for?

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
have not cleaned throttle body. How many of those things would be easy enough to do myself? & which ones would i have to take in to the shop for?
well if you were able to change plugs yourself you were right there at the TB and had the perfect chance to clean it so that is a DIY

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
87 Posts
Congrats on your 100k mileage.....
Out of Curiousity, How well is your truck performing!

I've heard that Our TB's sound kinda like Diesel Engines, more and more
over time & with mileage...I think that's pretty cool personaly..

I believe this diesel like noise will only be heard on 1st start-up due to Engine being cold/cool...Then will enventually go away,,,:eek:fftopic:

Once Again :tiphat Congrat's

My current Mileage: 45k:woohoo:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
plugs-done....
rear differential- you can do it. (I think 2005 do not have a drain hole)- but you simply remove the cover and let it leak out (search for the How to on here)
replace brake fluid- you can do that
replace power steering fluid (by disconnecting hose) or using a turkey baster to remove the fluid a bit at a time.
tranny fluid change (You can do it- or shop)
serpentine belt- you can do it.
air filter- you can do
your front- 4x4 thingy (always forget that name)... but it requires a fluid only sold by GM.

run a bottle of techron to clean fuel injectors... or seafoam.

My engine is louder upon cold startup.
Some times the sound can be quieted by running techron to help quiet COLD CARBON knock.
it does become very quiet once warmed up.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on your 100k mileage.....
Out of Curiousity, How well is your truck performing!

I've heard that Our TB's sound kinda like Diesel Engines, more and more
over time & with mileage...I think that's pretty cool personaly..

I believe this diesel like noise will only be heard on 1st start-up due to Engine being cold/cool...Then will enventually go away,,,:eek:fftopic:

Once Again :tiphat Congrat's

My current Mileage: 45k:woohoo:
TB Runs Great. Not a single thing wrong with it. Hope that it stays that way. I bought the TB at around 70,000 Miles. most of my friends tease me and tell me that TB's basically suck. (I think that they are just jealous). Most of them are deep believers in HONDA. I dont know any Honda jokes. any of them are welcome :laugh:

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
Watched the video. what do you mean by am i joking? are you also implying that honda is junk just like i think it is? yea they always tease me about my TB. they say that Honda is way better. I just stop the TB and tell them to get out. THEY SHUT UP.
haha jokeing with the letter's v-TEC and come on for jokes the move cars had 3 different cars that were all jokes at the import tuner car scene; which honda is basically in the middle of

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.