Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
santa got me ground force lowering springs....jegs.com i paid 214.99 + free shipping. it arrived in 2 days cant beat that huh? :thumbsup: ill havta post some before an afters. heres a question, iv heard some mixed things, waitin untill after the snowy season (since im rollin on stockers now anyways) or doin it now...im so excited for it that i just wanna do it now but im sure you all can relate :woohoo::woot:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
dud it will will look sweet with the lower, but yeah definately wait for the snow to end... its gonna looks sick with your 20's

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks tom yu da mann ill deff havta send you some pics when its done i cant wait:woohoo:...and yeaa the 20s had too much breathin room this should be a nice setup now :drool

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
1,504 Posts
Why wait for winter to end? I'm driving my 'Voy around in the snow and no problems. It still has enough ground clearance for you to drive over some over high snows. And yeah I'm still using my 22s, never took them off:weird: Btw, I'm also on GF springs if that helps. Check out my gallery to give you an idea on the drop.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i just got the same springs and brand new 22's for a c-mas present to myself. i put them on and they are fine in the snow. i also bought an adjustable panhard bar from suicidedoors.com for the rear. lowering 3" really kicks the axle to one side. that bar fixed that real easy. the bar is only like $80

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is the first im hearin of anyone gettin this bar? i was ready to deal with camber issues but the axel too?? can anyone else gimme some imput here:undecided:worried:

·
Registered
20 Posts
the stock bar is non adjustable and as you lower it pushes the axle to one side (or actually allows the body to go to one side). this bar goes in the stock location and is adjustable so you can bring the axle back to center. you don't have to have it, but why wouldn't you want to be able to center the axle perfect for as cheap as they are.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
:iagree:

it is optional but when you are lowering you want to do it the proper way......

here other things IMO would also help with the lowering....

djm upper control arms
front ss struts
rear bell tech shock or nitro drop shocks
panhard suicide bar

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
604 Posts
:iagree:

it is optional but when you are lowering you want to do it the proper way......

here other things IMO would also help with the lowering....

djm upper control arms
front ss struts
rear bell tech shock or nitro drop shocks
panhard suicide bar
How bout cutting the bumpstops or buying shorter ones?

·
Registered
chevy
357 Posts
Can this panhard bar be adjusted by myself? What kind of measuring tool(s) do I need to perform a proper alignment/centering? Eyeballing work?:confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
the ground force instructions tells you where to cut the bump stops.

on adjusting the panhard bar, what i did was take some kite string and a couple fishing weights on the end and i taped it to the side of the tb so that it hung down across the center of the wheel. that allowed me to measure from the string to the centercap. could be other ways to do this but that seemed easy enough for me so i did it that way

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the imput here...they goin in sunday 1030 am...was orig gna be tmrw but i goin huntin in the am now and gta dj a sweet 16 from 7-11 so its pushed bak another day...alwell. ill def post the pics up asap!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts