Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my Belltech 2,3 lowering kit with adjustable front struts. Haven't driven it much yet, but i think it has a little better ride then stock and way better look. Now i need new wheels and tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
480 Posts
Good looking truck! What size wheel and tire are you looking to get? If you have your old rear springs handy would you post the three letter code and number off the tag? What kind of grille is that? Jay

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
This may be a dumb question but what is the difference between the adjustable front strut and the front lowering coil by belltech? Are there advantages? I am thinking about doing mine this summer and I was just going to go with the 2" front and 3" rear coil kit with belltech shocks all the way around. Sorry for the hijack, truck looks nice, exactly the stance I am going for.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
72 Posts
YES Truck looks great good work!

i have same kit. Ride is GREAT. The benefit you have with the Belltech strut is overall ride quality. You keep your stock spring and spring rate and still get a lower stance. The lower mount for the spring is lowered to get get the drop. You use spacer ring to adjust the height. You can get a 1" lift 1" or 2" Drop. You could also use them as a factory replacement.

Great options to have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SCON beat me to the question about the struts, and i was going to say the same thing. I would definitely recommend the belltech kit. It was simple to install and so far i love the ride quality and stance.

Jay i am not sure what wheels and tire size to go with yet, just started looking. As for the grill i don't now what company makes it, it actually came with the truck when i bought it, and there is no label or logo on it. I will be stopping by my shop later this weekend, and ill get the spring code for you.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
205 Posts
:thumbsup:have you gotten an alignment yet? just wondering what your upper ball joints look like. heard they are a problem when lowering the tb's. looks good

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had it done yesterday. Everything was actually still within spec, just at the max. Now its right in the middle. The ball joint is at a large angle, but i put in new ball joints when i did the drop. Hopefully ill have the money in a few months for the DJM arms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts