Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks,

Been on the site but just joined today. I am looking to install ipod cable to my oem radio in a 2007 Envoy with wood trim. I saw the thread on dash removal pics but it said 2002-2004. Any instructions, pics or vids on 2007. I just want to make sure i dont break clips or run into airbag wires trying to get to back of radio.

Thanks
Michael

·
Banned
1,604 Posts
hey folks,

Been on the site but just joined today. I am looking to install ipod cable to my oem radio in a 2007 Envoy with wood trim. I saw the thread on dash removal pics but it said 2002-2004. Any instructions, pics or vids on 2007. I just want to make sure i dont break clips or run into airbag wires trying to get to back of radio.

Thanks
Michael
Welcome :tiphat

I believe that it should be the same for all the envoy's. I personally took my car somewhere to get my new HU installed since I personally didn't feel like breaking anything like your worried about also and was installed perfect!

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installing iSimple Media Gateway PXAMG with PGHGM5 Harness for 2007 Envoy iPhone 4

Hey guys,

Just completed the upgrade to add an iSimple PXAMG Media Gateway and harness. Much easier than expected. The video on the site i purchased it from was fine for initializing the unit but only started from the point that the dash was off and radio removed. Despite a number of other instructions I found for accessing and removing the radio that had you removing the shifter knob, boot, armrest box and center console, it is completely not necessary. Here's what i did (complements of pro-fit skipping past the center console steps) and had no issues.

1. Disconnect Battery

2. Removed 7mm from the bottom of the forward cup holder

3. Below the cigarette lighter is a small carpeted panel that wraps around under the dash. Remove two (2) #2 Phillips screws from each side of the carpeted panel. Lift the panel out and set aside. This takes a bit finessing since the center trim around the shift knob is still in place.

4. Remove the two (2) Phillips screws located directly below the cigarette lighter holding the bottom of the from wood trim in place. Lift the bottom edge of the wood trim and insert trim tool or small pry bar to release clips.

5. Remove the trim bezel that surrounds the radio and climate control. Work the hook tool around the bezel until all the clips are released.

6. It says to disconnect the wiring harness connected to the climate control and lighter sockets, not necessary. Trim will lean forward and rest on gear shift.

7. Remove the two (2) #2 phillips screws from left side of radio and one (1) from the right. Radio will now easily pull forward and out for access to 24 and 12 pin harness connections in back.

8. Pulled the original harness out from radio, plug in male plugs from GM harness, plug OEM plug into adapters on new harness. Route harness behind radio and out into back of glove compartment. Media gateway was fit for mounting inside passenger front glove compartment. Plug ipod cable into media gateway port 1 and route out bottom of glove compartment. lastly, connect last remaining black 12 pin connector from harness to media gateway.

9. Mount gateway box to inside of glove box with heavy duty double sided mounting tape.

10. Reinstall radio on mount lugs and secure with 3 phillips screws.

11. Pop trim back on and secure 3 clips.

12. Install 2 screws at bottom front under lighter.

13. reinstall carpet with 2 screws each side.

14. reconnect battery.

15. Start vehicle and initialize with instructions provided by PAC.

16. Hope this helps, I'll try to get some pics up too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts