Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my k and n today got a really good price so didnt want to turn it down. took me 15 min to install i decided to go on the plastic instead of chrome one for heat issues. i can say that its louder i do not think it gave it much power gains and i am not sure about mileage. i will take pictures later tonight and give a detailed road test later on

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
MPG's will go down until you're done playing.:D:m2:

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive calculated my mpg numerous times and they all about the same when i drive harder it worked out to about 16.5/16.8 and when drive with mom in truck its about 17.1/17.4

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
I'm referring to the new CAI. Most people drive a Little bit harder to hear the sound. Once the newness wears off, the MPG's get better.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
its the heavy foot syndrome..............:crackup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
122 Posts
I've wanted to get the CAI, but I can't justify the cost. Unless you've got air being shoved down the filter's throat, I can't see it making too many more ponies. Plus the stock opening leading into the airbox is so damn tiny. Sure, it looks bitchin, but. . . And my exhaust note would probably dwarf anything coming from under the hood (except those damn ticky valves). Any rebuttal's?? Although, I am definitely getting a tune this summer! :cool:

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
If you can't justify buying a CAI...you can always make one yourself..........but a tune is definitely a way to go!! definitely worth the money!!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
19 Posts
You got a CAI for a 06 Envoy? Last time I checked, they were kinda few made for the 06 TB. What is the better one to get?

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I've wanted to get the CAI, but I can't justify the cost. Unless you've got air being shoved down the filter's throat, I can't see it making too many more ponies. Plus the stock opening leading into the airbox is so damn tiny. Sure, it looks bitchin, but. . . And my exhaust note would probably dwarf anything coming from under the hood (except those damn ticky valves). Any rebuttal's?? Although, I am definitely getting a tune this summer! :cool:

when I first got my intake It was extremely loud!! and it still is :laugh:

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
You got a CAI for a 06 Envoy? Last time I checked, they were kinda few made for the 06 TB. What is the better one to get?
with the 06's as I recall K&N has them.....and as well volant makes them too but was kinda sketchy as I have never heard of them before.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts