Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title states just got a nice v8 ext 4x and i am looking to lower it for my wife (at first i was going to raise it but i hear that the ext has trouble wanting to swap ends as it is ) it looks like the eibach is the only company that makes a kit for , anyone have a 4x v8 ext that has used this kit. also my sister has an extra set of ss rims that i can use anyone know if the will work with this setup thanks in advance -m

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
but i hear that the ext has trouble wanting to swap ends
Hi, don't know the source of your rumour, but I have been driving a LWB truck for 3 years and, have not had any problems with stability. In fact, physics would dictate that a longer wheel base should be more stable.
The only "switching" problems that I have had (and this is common on any vehicle with a locker or posi rear end) is a tenancy to loose lateral stability on an icy surface. Putting it into 4 hi will solve this problem.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
5 Posts
Lifted ext

I just lifted my ext and its great! Check back and i will post picks. I put a 2.5" lift in the front and it looks fantastic!

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
For lowering, you can use Eibach, Ground Force, Belltech, or stock SS parts. If you use SS stuff, get the front springs and all 4 SS Bilsteins then use a set of GF 2" rear drop springs. Probably the best ride out there, the stock SS rides very smooth while being not being too stiff.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got the eibach kit like 1.3front 2rear lower anybody have a how to on install

1 - 5 of 5 Posts