Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery yesterday of an '07 Obsidian black Saab 97X 4.2.

Since they are quite rare in Europe (I'd be surprised if even a couple of hundred were imported from the US), I was amazed to locate a demo car with 12,000 km (7,500 mi) in absolutely new condition at a German Saab dealer.

He was quite desperate to sell it which made the entire transaction quite a pleasant one.

I'm glad to have found this site since it's unlikely that any European dealer knows much about the 97X.

Is there anyone else from Europe on this site ? Owning an 97X maybe ?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
425 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and yes... there are a few people that own a Saab in here just wait for them to chime in.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I haven't ever responded to threats...

DUDE! pics of the R8 or else!!! :drool:drool:drool
...but I guess I will make an exception here. :D Sorry for the background. That was just before our move.

The 97X is fully loaded other than navigation, but is otherwise totally stock.

Since it has no EU type approval (Saab imported only a handful to Europe) it is being registered in Luxembourg tomorrow as a one-off, which is costing me another EUR 400+ ($500), but somehow puts this fabulous grin on my wife's face. Until then I'm driving with German temporary tags.

We live on a farm with 6 horses, 6 shetland ponies, 2 dogs, 8 birds and a gazillion fish. It's in Germany just outside of Luxembourg where I practice International corporate and tax law. I work mainly for US multinationals.

Yesterday we went on a day trip along the Mosel (river) with it and it's quite funny to see people's faces when they see it. It kind of works like this -

1. It's a Saab
2. No. It doesn't look like a Saab
3. Saab doesn't make SUVs so it can't be a Saab
4. But it's a Saab
5. Totally puzzled look

Wonderful car that said. My only regret is that it has the 6 cylinder engine and not the V8. Can someone please come up with a reason for me to feel happy that I have the 6 cylinder rather than the V8 ?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
SWEET! :eek:

as for the 4.2 they are pretty much bulletproof engines as long as you keep up with standard fluid changes and and the like.. plugs are good for 100k , timing chain never needs to be changed.. serp belt takes 10 minutes to change..

alot of stuff is easy to maintain but there are certain things that can be a nightmare (replacement wise)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts