Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I registered a week or so ago after I picked up my 2004 Trailblazer LT (on Christmas Eve morning!). I've pretty much been lurking since then.

I wasn't really wanting to be in the market for a truck. I was in a minor wreck that put my '94 S10 Blazer's radiator and passenger side headlights/amber lenses out of commission, not to mention a bunch of front grille/bumper damage. I still have it, but it was (unfortunately) time to get something new - bought it in 2003 for $3200 total with much parental assistance and 99,000 miles... and drove it until about the middle of December this year when it had about 164k on it and a bashed up front end. It's got a ton of new parts that are probably worth more than the sum of them (I'm sure some of you have been there) and I can't let it go yet.

Anyway, I scored my TB for much less than the bluebook dealer retail on it, but that's probably because the paperwork and Carfax report would suggest it was first offered for sale in February '08. It had 99,500 miles on it when I bought it. The dealer installed new pads, new rotors, and new Goodyear Fortera HLs before I bought it. It was a one owner vehicle, traded in to the same dealership they bought it from for a new TB. I guess gas prices kept this one from selling, I can't think of any other reasons why.

It's pretty much a blast to drive - rides like a car compared to my previous vehicles, is pretty comfortable, has plenty of power, silent going down the road (at least compared to my old Blazer!), and looks great minus a scuff in the paint on some of the rear plastic. On the other hand, it gets worse mileage than my '94 and I hate the factory stereo. I can do better on the former, and I can fix the latter, though. I used to average about 20mpg out of my '94 and so far the best I've done in the TB is a little over 18. The tires are still wearing in, though, I'm still getting used to driving it, and I haven't measured my mileage since I removed the crossbars on the roof rack (maybe that'll make a minor improvement :thumbsup:).

Anyway, I probably won't be terribly vocal on the forums, but eventually I think I'll be getting a PCMforLess tune and lopping off the resonator in favor of a straight pipe back from the muffler. I'm sure I'll post when I do. Much more than that, though, I doubt...I'm going to keep it pretty mundane in the performance department. I'm driving it about 2 hours a day minimum here in the Chicago winter (though the last week and a half has been really good!)

:thx for the help so far and thanks for the help that I'm sure I'll be asking for in the future. I hope I'll be able to share a few bits of insight pretty soon, too!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome from a former ILL. resident. I lived in Rockford and Oswego at one time.
Oswego, huh? I've been bouncing around the suburbs for a few years now between college and my first couple of jobs since I've been out of school. Lived in Lombard and Aurora, went to school in Addison, and worked in Aurora, Addison, and Hoffman Estates. I'll probably be moving to St. Charles or West Chicago after spring...fun fun!

And to everyone else, :thx for the warm welcome!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts