Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a pair of 12w4-4 sub-woofers about a week ago and they are actually pretty cool. they are from 1996 and made in the united states so they are as old as i am. they still work great and i just replaced the foam ring on both of them. i would like to wire them into my 2005 trailblazer ls and there is already a wiring kit from when i bought the SUV about 10 months ago. i love this truck i have been adding all sorts of cool things like a GPS and a crash camera. i put in seat covers and a seat mounted cooler and laptop tray all sorts of really cool simple things. but now i have two 12 inch sub-woofers and i dont have any idea how to choose an amplifier. Im great at mechanical builds im even making a custom set of boxes for theses subs but when it comes to electrical terms like watts and ohms im completely screwed. how do i figure out which amp i need for these speakers.

here are the specs that i could find for each individual sub :
-input: 12v dc from battery
-nominal impedance: single 4 ohms
-pt: 200 watts
-class: D
-channels: i need 2 channels because i have 2 sub-woofers but could monoblock work?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so the rms is between 360W-480W but id prefer anything over 400W
if i wire it in parralell it has a 2 ohm load and in series a 8 ohm load. from what ive seen i want to go for the parallel because lower ohms is better? i also know that i want a class D monoblock amplifier. so how do i choose an amplifier????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts