Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
JeTTTstream Automotive Technologies
2007 chevy
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of you who have helped me test these units out are aware of this. Obviously there are similar kits out there.

However, I would like to be the first to introduce our TBSS Grounding kit.

This kit is geared at helping our charging systems poor performance and decrease issues like slow windows and dimming headlights. If you have e-fans you will see less of an effect of these issues as well!

Those aware of the 'Big Three' know that they are:

(+) Alternator to (+) battery
(-) Battery to Chassis Ground
Engine ground to Chassis Ground

We have included all of these cables for our 'grounding kit'

We also have a 'plus one' option (a total of 4 cables) taking the kit to the next level of grounding (more details very soon).

We have 4 awg (gauge) and 0 awg (gauge) kits available with the correct terminal ends for a perfect and factory fit!

Guys I've broken down the pricing ('plus one' cable is a $15.00 option)

4 gauge ($39.99 + ship):
http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merc...roduct_Code=BIG3_GND_4AWG&Category_Code=TBSS2

0 gauge ($69.99 + ship):
http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merc...roduct_Code=BIG3_GND_0AWG&Category_Code=TBSS2

GM Battery Terminals ($15 SHIPPED):
http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merc...TTT&Product_Code=BAT_TERM&Category_Code=TBSS2

We plan on shipping these units next week! Thanks for the interest!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
So would this also work with the 4.2l engines as well?

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
would like to know as well......

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The battery terminals will for sure.

We are finishing up the 4.2 i-6 kit tomorrow.

-Mike

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is supposed to help quite a bit!

I haven't tested with a 4.2l yet but have one coming over tomorrow!

-Mike

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Damn Mike.. i just logged on to the "other" site :x....

i would just stick to here :thumbsup:.. i know your a vendor.. but DAMN.. them guys have no respect for someone... that was harsh what they were saying..... thats why im leavin you a message here.. im not even wasting my time over there anymore...

good luck with the new product...

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
Damn Mike.. i just logged on to the "other" site :x....

i would just stick to here :thumbsup:.. i know your a vendor.. but DAMN.. them guys have no respect for someone... that was harsh what they were saying..... thats why im leavin you a message here.. im not even wasting my time over there anymore...

good luck with the new product...
I am pretty sure I know which site you are talking about. They're not bad guys, they just operate on different rules and opinions than we do over here.

Aside from that, we do appreciate jetttstream's products and services to our members.

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love the site and it is a tremendous resource for the SS crowd, BUT there are a few guys in a tight clique that can't get over themselves.

Regardless, we have a few more things coming out here soon, that are just plain awesome!

Stay tuned!

-Mike

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,097 Posts
Nice work:thumbsup: Keep it up. And thanks for not leaving us I-6 guys out of the picture completely. I think demand is out there for some of this stuff for the I-6, we just need guys like you who are willing to step up and at least be willing to produce stuff for us. Again, nice work:hail:

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice work:thumbsup: Keep it up. And thanks for not leaving us I-6 guys out of the picture completely. I think demand is out there for some of this stuff for the I-6, we just need guys like you who are willing to step up and at least be willing to produce stuff for us. Again, nice work:hail:
Thanks for the kind words.

We test fitted the I-6 today (as mentioned) on a 08 (09?) Envoy. Pricing updates and everything coming soon as I get back more info from other users.

-Mike

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
Criticize what you fear or do not understand.

I'm over it as well. Sorry on the other site only one person is allow to sell a particular item.

I have this item documented thru it's development...although that didn't help.

Regardless, Trailvoy has been a class act and I appreciate this site a lot quite a bit especially over the last 6 months.

And--if you think the ground kit was bad...just wait until the tranny cooler kit hits!

:)

-Mike
PM sent Mike :thumbsup:

I am pretty sure I know which site you are talking about. They're not bad guys, they just operate on different rules and opinions than we do over here.

Aside from that, we do appreciate jetttstream's products and services to our members.

If you were not an Admin for TV i would think something different :rotfl:...but agreed.. but it is enough to detour from that site to this awesome one...amazing what quality of people are on here compared to their...this site hands down :hail: gots my votes :thumbsup:

:iagree:

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

4 gauge ($54.99 + ship):
http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merc...roduct_Code=BIG3_GND_4AWG&Category_Code=TBSS2

0 gauge ($84.99 + ship):
http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merc...roduct_Code=BIG3_GND_0AWG&Category_Code=TBSS2

http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merc...TTT&Product_Code=BAT_TERM&Category_Code=TBSS2

Thanks!
-Mike

PS 4.2L kit coming very soon!!! Hoping to hear back from our testers here very soon!!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
cant wait for the I-6.. i need it for the electrical drain of e-fans and lights, lights, and more lights... lol

·
Registered
2007 chevy
3 Posts
Some of you who have helped me test these units out are aware of this. Obviously there are similar kits out there.

However, I would like to be the first to introduce our TBSS Grounding kit.

This kit is geared at helping our charging systems poor performance and decrease issues like slow windows and dimming headlights. If you have e-fans you will see less of an effect of these issues as well!

Those aware of the 'Big Three' know that they are:

(+) Alternator to (+) battery
(-) Battery to Chassis Ground
Engine ground to Chassis Ground

We have included all of these cables for our 'grounding kit'

We also have a 'plus one' option (a total of 4 cables) taking the kit to the next level of grounding (more details very soon).

We have 4 awg (gauge) and 0 awg (gauge) kits available with the correct terminal ends for a perfect and factory fit!

4 gauge ($54.99 + ship):

0 gauge ($84.99 + ship):

THe only problem with these are for the folks with the 2007 or later that have the load distribution center attached to the negative cable. If you bypass the sensor on the ground you will end up with voltage and battery condition system malfunction. It may be possible to squeze the negative wire through the sensor, but with the connector already attached it will be very difficult.

Do some diggin and research on what that load center really does.

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BBA

Finally got my set in and installed. Couple things I noticed:

First off, its a great kit. Everything looks professionally put together and good quality parts used. Colored Instructions were included and had 2 installation options are given: installing with or without Power Management.

Instructions were mostly clearly. Had to email Mike a couple times for some help. but he helped me out very quickly.

I routed all of the cables like the instructions. What I changed was I didn't simply replace the alternator cable to + Batt, I just added the new cable to it. So now I have 2 cables coming off the alternator. Also instead of routing one of the grounds from the alternator bracket to frame, I went negative battery to body ground behind brake booster on the firewall. I didn't feel like crawling under the truck and thought the amps are grounded to the body, it would help out the stereo more.
please see bold above:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts