Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the kit for the low beams. I have my grill torn apart and the headlighst out and I have no idea what plugs into the factory harness. I need help. Please call 9418125786 thanks

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
mike did you ever get it in? sorry think it is too late to call you at 1am

they are specific connectors and they only fit one way :duh:
not alwyas the case; this was part of the problem we had in ATL; the DRL module only had the clip on one side so we figured that was the only way it could plug in but turns out the politary was backward and we kept blowing fuses; and to turn the plug around so that the clip was on the wrong side to snap in but that is the way it worked:crazy:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
I have a question, hooking up HIDs with a HID relay. Are both plugs, plugged in to the new female connector from the HID light bulbs that are inside/behind the rubber water seals. I am a bit confused as to what the "factory plug" is that needs to get tapped off. To me it sounds like I need to tape off the one inside the fixture, or is it the new male connector that is outside the fixture from the new light. I currently have both the male connections hooked to the new female sockets from the new lights that are inside the headlight fixture behind the round rubber seal. Hope you can make sense of that.

I got it, after taking a second look the male plug on the outside is connected to the one that is on the inside. So, it is basically an extension of the one on the inside. I have tapped off the new male plug on the outside. I think this is how it goes.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
I have a question, hooking up HIDs with a HID relay. Are both plugs, plugged in to the new female connector from the HID light bulbs that are inside/behind the rubber water seals. I am a bit confused as to what the "factory plug" is that needs to get tapped off. To me it sounds like I need to tape off the one inside the fixture, or is it the new male connector that is outside the fixture from the new light. I currently have both the male connections hooked to the new female sockets from the new lights that are inside the headlight fixture behind the round rubber seal. Hope you can make sense of that.

I got it, after taking a second look the male plug on the outside is connected to the one that is on the inside. So, it is basically an extension of the one on the inside. I have tapped off the new male plug on the outside. I think this is how it goes.
cool; and pics we need pics:bonk:

·
JeTTTstream Automotive Technologies
2007 chevy
642 Posts

When using a relay harness ;) you use only *one* of the headlight power sources. This power source formerly plugged into the bulb in the headlight housing.

So essentially the relay harness signal side plugs into where the driver's bulb used to be.

That signal tells the relay (on the relay harness) to turn on or not turn on i.e. "activate."

When the relay is activated, power is allowed to go from the battery thru the relay (now a closed circuit) thru the ballast power connections and then into the HID bulbs.

The passenger bulb (typically) only had wires for the bulb (there are 2) going thru the dust boot (rubber jacket on exterior of headlight).

Thus, there are (2) other wires that is an 'extension harness' that is unused. I recommend leaving it on that way the grommet stays entact, but it entirely up to the end-user. You can plug in the bulb connector (inside headlight so it isn't bouncing around) and then tape off the connector outside of headlight assembly.

I hope that helps. :crazy:

My diagrams are pretty intense, but they are conclusive, which I have to be with some customers who have to trace each wire.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
People hat the sliverstars

Yea the consensus on here as that the silverstars suck. They are decent for vehicles without daytime running lights but cars with them they suck. With the DRL they only last a few months.

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
4 from the right maybe? I gotta ask, where and when was this meet :undecided.
Four from the left.

Last night.

We were talking about the 'next' meet, and I brought up the MI meet 3rd week of July --so we wouldn't have one that would interfere with the TrailVoy meeting.

However, we also talked about possibly "all" meeting up, the TV's and TBSS's....PM me and lemme know

-Mike

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Four from the left.

Last night.

We were talking about the 'next' meet, and I brought up the MI meet 3rd week of July --so we wouldn't have one that would interfere with the TrailVoy meeting.

However, we also talked about possibly "all" meeting up, the TV's and TBSS's....PM me and lemme know

-Mike
So this was a tbss site meet? Where was this meet at? So, these guys dont meet up with regular trailblazers and envoys? Would hate to think you are a too gooder for us here at trailvoy.

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
So this was a tbss site meet? Where was this meet at? So, these guys dont meet up with regular trailblazers and envoys? Would hate to think you are a too gooder for us here at trailvoy.
Anthony from the TBSS site put it together, I showed up. First time meeting 95% of those guys. It was nice. But it was TBSSowners.com yes.

As they talked about the next meet--I mentioned that TV was having a meet as well and maybe that we could 'combine' them and have an even bigger July meet.

I am a TrailVoy supporter all of the way. Sorry for missing the last meet if that is what you are referring too. Sometimes as a business operator, and father, and husband, sometimes life happens. I'm all for the July meet! :)

I am trying to get both sites together :) it will be a good meet!

-Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts