Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Trailblazer LT 4.2 2WD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't figure out how these items are supposed to be packed when not being used, as they were just lying loose when I bought the vehicle. I do know that they are secured under the rear seat but could someone please tell me how they fit together to avoid having them rattle around unsecured?

Application is a 2003 Trailblazer, standard wheelbase.

Scale Tool Gas Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,008 Posts
Attached is a pdf with a couple of pages related to the jack. The picture on the first page should help.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the attachments.

My owner's manual shows the same illustration. The problem is that it doesn't show me enough detail as to how these 3 components nest together and secure to the cavity under the seat. Perhaps not all attaching parts are even there.

I realize that I'm likely over thinking this and I could just toss them in there and call it a day but the OCD gremlin will not give it a rest!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
OK. I ran across another image that shows things a little better. Hopefully it will be of some assistance.

Motor vehicle Rectangle Font Art Automotive design

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,156 Posts
Wow --- that's news to me!

My '05 TB/EXT stores the jack, handles (3) etc., in the left rear quarter panel behind the 3rd row seating as you open the rear hatch. .

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,156 Posts
OK. I ran across another image that shows things a little better. Hopefully it will be of some assistance.

View attachment 59894
Ya know --- I've never looked and this post reminds me that I would like to know if the rear HVAC in my EXT is just an HAC ..?

There doesn't SEEM to be any way of getting outside air into the rear system --- it's just on forever-recirc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Just one more of the many minor differences between the EXT and non-EXT versions.

I think you are correct about the rear HVAC being only an HAC system.

Reactions: Ravalli Surfer

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,156 Posts
It LOOKS like the drawing shows the jack paraphernalia sitting atop the wheelwell on that vehicle .....

.... but on the EXT, it sits to the rear of the wheelwell ... mostly floor level.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
According to the parts list that goes along with the diagram, Part #1 is some kind of retainer. It's been so long since I looked at it I cannot say if mine has one.

Likely, one end fits under a lip on the floor and then you flip it up and over to kind of lock it into place - just a wild you know what kind of guess.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts