Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so today I had to use the jack that comes with an 02 Trailblazer. I had to extend it as far as it could go and now I can only get it to retract half way. I have tried for an hour to get it to go all the way down but I can't. Is there a trick to this or what?? Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well I tried shooting some WD down into the jack and it didn't help the problem. I can't physically see the gears but they seem to be moving smoothly. I added some pics to help understand what is happening. The 1st one is the jack fully extended and the 2nd is as far as it will retract. It seems like there might be a trick having to do with the outer covering that comes out when its fully extended. I just want to put it back under my seat! Any more ideas?

<br>

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Well I tried shooting some WD down into the jack and it didn't help the problem. I can't physically see the gears but they seem to be moving smoothly. I added some pics to help understand what is happening. The 1st one is the jack fully extended and the 2nd is as far as it will retract. It seems like there might be a trick having to do with the outer covering that comes out when its fully extended. I just want to put it back under my seat! Any more ideas?

<br>
I'm not sure if you have the scissor jack or the hydraulic. But with my hydraulic I have to apply pressur to it to get it to close completely. :m2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried that too. Nothing seems to help. I can't imagine that it would be broken because it is the first time I have used it and all I did was try to get the secondary latch on the spare tire to disengage.:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, so I tried all of the above options with no luck. I do believe that it is a compound screw jack. I'm going to try jacking up something heavy and then seeing if it will go back down. If this doesn't work then I really have no idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.