Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all the parts put together to lift my TB! Here's a recap of what I got:

Mark's 2.5" Front Spacer Kit - $70
Bilstein HD Front Shocks - $109
Mike's Aluminum Skid Plate - $185
Z71 Rear Springs and Shocks - $105
1.5" 6x5.5" Wheel Adapters from Motorsports-Tech - $285
Hummer H3 6-lug wheels - $100
265/75/R16 BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO's (With NO WHITE LETTERS!!!) :) - $950
PCMforLess Tuned PCM - $169

Total - $1973

Anybody have any advice before I start tearing into it?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
start spraying all the bolts ur gunna be taking off with pb blaster every day up till u start.. .so if u start sat.. spray today tomorrow, friday.. its helps.. trust me.. lol and have fun...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A guy locally had a set of them in his shed that his son had just left and wanted to get rid of them! So I graciously took them off his hands! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
138 Posts
265/75/R16 BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO's (With NO WHITE LETTERS!!!) - $950

lol, those things could be the problem for me after i get my tb and i start lifting it:hopeless

·
Registered
294 Posts
Good luck, cant wait to see it put together. Just make sure you have pics so we can see the finishing product.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well due to the thread of bad weather, looming end-of-semester deadlines, and the lack of help, I decided against putting the lift on this weekend. :cry:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On second thought, the weather doesn't seem too bad right now, I hate doing homework, and I don't need help! I'm gonna do it anyway! :woohoo:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am going to see what Checker has available to rent. I have seen posts about a few kinds around the forums. I may have to just go buy some. I need jack stands and a metric impact socket set too.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
definitely make sure you have a good spring compressor... the one from harbor fright isn't that bad if you have one near...

Not a bad unit, i used something similar when I did mine... borrowed from local mechanic...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the Harbor Freight is still in town. Haven't been by it for a while. I will go look. That was the one I was going to go for.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What was the most difficult part of everyone's installs? I have been soaking nuts and bolts with PB Blaster for the past 2 days. Hopefully they loosen up. Nothing looks very rusty or corroded underneath so that may be going for me!

How high do you need to get the back end to get the springs out? Same with the front?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
since you're only doing the z71 springs in the rear... you won't need to get it THAT far off the ground... but get it up there... disconnect both sides so the entire axle drops at same time... just be careful. Since the z71 springs are the same height uncompressed as the stock TVs... you wont need to get it any higher to put the new springs in... they just come right off...

Do you have a Pitman Arm Puller??? You're going to need one too... I used one of the adjustable arm pullers, wasnt fun....

And the spring compression is the hardest part for most... i'd say...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm most nervous about taking the front coilovers apart. Maybe I should call around and see if there are any shops locally that will swap the shocks and put the spacers in for me.

I will pick up a pitman arm puller when I get the spring compressor. Maybe a pickle fork would work too?

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
I'm most nervous about taking the front coilovers apart. Maybe I should call around and see if there are any shops locally that will swap the shocks and put the spacers in for me.

I will pick up a pitman arm puller when I get the spring compressor. Maybe a pickle fork would work too?
the fork should work... pretty much the same thing... and yes the coilovers were the biggest pain.. did the backs in an hour.. the fronts took 6 hours or so.. doing it all with hand tools... never again :no:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All I have is hand tools. :worried: I even have to go pick up some more tools tonight just for this project. I will call a few shops and see if they do the coilovers in the morning. Has anyone tried to have one of the big wheel/tire chains put the spacers in? Did they have an issue with it?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just have to have it all put back together tomorrow early afternoon so I can have Discount Tire put on the spacers and wheels/tires.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts