Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

It fails at minimum, correlation in the cams, does not accelerate. Help me!

527 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SR3000 
#1 ·
Hello friends. I would greatly appreciate your help and knowledge.

Firstly, I apologize if my English is not very good, I am using the translator, since I don't speak the language.

I have a 2005 Trailblazer L6 engine. I have an electrical problem that is driving me crazy.

The truck starts with the MAP sensor disconnected. When turning on it shakes and does not hold. It doesn't speed up either. The reduced power indicator and the engine indicator are marked on the dashboard.

I bought the new MAP, spark plugs and checked the coils. Throttle body was also cleaned.

The scanner shows correlation of the cams.

I checked the VVT, giving it 12v and it activated. I also checked the CMP cam sensor and it seems to be fine.

Can somebody help me? I've been like this for a month and I'm going crazy.

Thanks for your help. Thank you.

See less See more
#3 ·
I guess since I'm living The Life of Riley over here, I'll take a crack at it.

The scanner shows correlation of the cams.
What DTC or codes are you getting, specifically, what is the number? For example: P0016

Wing and a prayer based on description given... :
"The powertrain control module (PCM) uses the crankshaft position (CKP) sensor and the camshaft position (CMP) sensor information to monitor the correlation between the crankshaft and camshaft positions. If the deviation between the crankshaft and CMP exceeds a calibrated amount DTC P0016 will set."

🍿

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.