Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw an Isuzu Ascender for the first time today dont really know anything about them who has the scoop?

·
Registered
2005 isuzu ascender
3 Posts
Ascender

Hello,

We purchased one new in 05, love it! It has 83,000 miles, tows anything i want it to. Rated to tow 7200, verses the trail at 6300. We tow sleds, boats and general trailers and it works great! Does not have some of the comforts that an Envoy might have, but it rides so smooth.

Have not had any issues with it until just a few months ago. Stabalizer links and bushings, and just today the window motor went.

On the window motor, does anyone have an idea as to how to remove the door panel? There are no screws that are seen, and I don't want to just start grabbing and pulling.

thanks Dave

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts

·
Registered
2005 isuzu ascender
3 Posts
Thanks for the help. After I posted, I found the same thread you suggested.

I know I have the Ascender, however from what I understand the Envoy and Ascender were built on the same line/plant. Most of the parts are interchangable which is nice. Isuzu (from what I know) contracted with GMC to build it.

Again, thanks for the help. :)

Dave

·
Registered
2005 isuzu ascender
2 Posts
05 Ascender

My wife has a 2005 Ascender and this morning she noticed her Oil gauge was pegged out. Up until this morning, it was working fine. Her last oil change was about 2-3 months ago (I think she is actualy ready for one now). Anyway, she drove the car to work and it seemed fine. Any ideas on what can cause this?

·
Registered
2005 isuzu ascender
2 Posts
I have a midnight isuzu ascender and its an 05 as well. My oil pressure is doing the same thing. My truck is running fine though.i took it to chevy and they said it could be the oil pump and its 1200 to fix, but to drive it how it is until goes out unless i want to spend 1200. They did chnage the sending unit for 150$:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts