Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,642 Posts
Looks to me that the 2/4 band anchor pin is still in the case ---- how'd you get the band out?

Get a flat screwdriver and shove it between that front drum and the pin and force the pin out ....

You should be able to grab that input shaft and jerk it out --- the drum will come with it unless something oddball failed ---

You'll find that real Vice-Grip pliers fit the splines perfectly and make a handy tool to pull it out.

WHY are you repairing this unit? You did say "repair" and not "overhaul" --- is that right?

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,642 Posts
"others guys with the same problem and the installed again the bell and let drop the transmission over the bell to force it "

HUH?

Translate, please...............

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,642 Posts
I've seen "hooked" clutches where they cut into the reverse drum and they are very hard to disengage --- or the input drum has cracked and grenaded, because of "Neutral-Drops" where the driver holds the engine near red line in Neutral and drops the gearshift into Drive.

Font Parallel Art Design Illustration

PINCH-SQUEEZE THAT PICTURE TO FIND THE CORRUPTION ... ON LINE A AND/OR LINE B

No matter --- it needs a rebuild and maybe a LOT of hard parts and that's the way it is --- so just get 'er done.

I'd grab that input shaft like I said and slam-hammer it out - all the time wiggling it with MUCHO gusto --- it has to come apart, that's obvious ... and you've not gonna hurt anything that isn't already junk.

Get physical!

Here's an audio-visual aid for you to help understand the principle of physicality ....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts