Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone successfully using an iSimple with an iPhone 3G or Touch running OS 3.0? I was going to order my iSimple, but at discountcarstereo.com, it says that they currently don't work with OS 3.0 devices. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
2008 chevy
6 Posts
goin' to try...

i read all through reviews tryin to figure out what adapter to get for my 08 ss... finally decided on the isimple... i have an ipod touch with os 3.0 updated on it... goin' to try and get to best buy today and hook it up... will keep you informed if you want to wait a few more days...

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,529 Posts
Don't have isimple, but I will say there are alot of items out there that claim NOT to work with the iPhone 3g, but once plugged in they do work. I have a small radio in my bathroom and I get the message on the phone that it's not compatible, u just hit cancel or one of the buttons it gives u and it proceeds to work. Same with my pioneer z1 with iPod adapter, plug it in and get a message, that I think will only work in airplane mode

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a bit different...

They claim it will work with an iPod, Touch, iPhone, iPhone 3G etc... but that it specifically does not with the new 3.0 OS on iPhone/Touch.

With the amount of people who have posted about having iSimples and iPhones, I figured there was someone who's upgraded to the new OS and tried it...

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,529 Posts
just put my 3gs in my bathroom radio, and it started playing before I could even cancle the airplane mode. And 3gs runs 3.0, I'll try it in the truck tomorrow. Hopefully someone with the isimple will chime in. I dont see how the operating system would make a difference, in a way, the problems before were the pin placements.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
4 Posts
iphone 3G with 3.1 firmware

Just installed the iSimple GateWay ISGM74 in the Envoy last night and I'm pretty pleased with it so far. I bought it to use with my iPhone 3G 3.1 and after a firmware update from iSimple it seems to be working pretty well. I listened to Slacker radio on the way to work this morning and it was so much better than the stoopid fm transmitter I used to use. If you buy one make sure you upgrade the firmware to .37a or whatever is newest. My gateway came with the .35 firmware installed. The upgrade was really simple and even worked with my Windows 7 box. I really appreciate the Dashboard take-apart that I found on here. It made things really simple. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
Just installed the iSimple GateWay ISGM74 in the Envoy last night and I'm pretty pleased with it so far. I bought it to use with my iPhone 3G 3.1 and after a firmware update from iSimple it seems to be working pretty well. I listened to Slacker radio on the way to work this morning and it was so much better than the stoopid fm transmitter I used to use. If you buy one make sure you upgrade the firmware to .37a or whatever is newest. My gateway came with the .35 firmware installed. The upgrade was really simple and even worked with my Windows 7 box. I really appreciate the Dashboard take-apart that I found on here. It made things really simple. :thumbsup:
thats cool, i know a lot of people ask this exact question. good to know that you can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts