Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo i bit the bullet and bought the Isimple today. I quickly headed to my shop and installed it. Amazing. If you have an Ipod, and want digital quality music coming out of your speakers, then this is the way to go! I recommend it to anyone!

It took about an hour to complete the install, but like others have said before the hardest part was figuring out where i wanted the jack to be. I put it inside the center console so it is hidden.

The only gripe I have about it is it does not charge my Ipod Touch. The box says it will, But I guess the newer touch with the accelerometer and such, it does not charge, as it doesnt charge the iphone either.

For those wondering I have the 3SS package with the touch screen BOSE nav unit.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any pics? :undecided
No i didnt take anypics of the actual install being performed, I could take some of where the interface cable comes out if you would like? As far as the "gateway" box that comes with the Isimple kit, I used automotive grade double sided tape and mounted it back behind the stereo itself, kind of off to the right. Cable was fairly easy to run back to the center console, and the wiring harness was a breeze to install.

If you are unsure, or have any questions, I would be glad to try and answer them for you!
-Brett

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
I have the same Ipod interface in my 2006 TBSS it works well with the factory NAV. I also have a Rear DVD and it also works well with that. No complaints.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
I actually just went and bought the ISimple, and was wondering how you still like it?
Are the controls cumbersome, or do they operate slowly? Do you miss having the use of the trackwheel?
Will my wife need to take a course on learning to use this from the passenger seat, or are they fairly easy to understand?

I am just curious? I will be installing mine tonight. I opted for this over the Neo Prolink since this one was available at a local Best Buy.

thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
35 Posts
Welcome to trailvoy. Fill out your info so we know what you got. I love it I get to tell someone that finally.

I love mine, once you learn the basic controls your fine. I have not noticed any lag with controls. Not sure never tried if trackwheel use is lost. Going through the list takes some time if you have alot of music. Best bet is to set up play list.

iSimple comes with a little cheat sheet, keep it in the console for easy use.

I do not have NAV or rear DVD by the way.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
Alright, well I installed my iSimple in my car last night and it was as so incredibly easy to install.
I have to say, this thing is awesome. I had my reservations as the site says that it locks out the Ipod so you can ONLY control it through the deck, however there is a way to actually unlock it so you can control it through either the deck, or still through the Ipod.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, well I installed my iSimple in my car last night and it was as so incredibly easy to install.
I have to say, this thing is awesome. I had my reservations as the site says that it locks out the Ipod so you can ONLY control it through the deck, however there is a way to actually unlock it so you can control it through either the deck, or still through the Ipod.
Yeah Im still happy with mine. where did you run the interface cable to?

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
I ran the cable straight back to the armrest/cubby and drilled a small hole in there.

If I find myself using the IPod rather than the deck to control the music I may bring it out at a later time.

Still just enjoying the clarity of this thing.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
No, I subscribe to XM on my factory deck, and they all work perfectly together. I will upload a few pics later today.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
i know this is an old thread but what model isimple did you guys use? and does any one use it with an iPhone 4?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts