Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapping the stock tranny on the SS 2WD with a T56? Anyone did this before with the 5.3?
 

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
Joined
·
287 Posts
Max GVW, according to TTC for a T56 is 3,968 lbs... a TBs curb weight is roughly 4500 lbs...

But a little ingenuity, and I guess anythings possible :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iDontKnow said:
Max GVW, according to TTC for a T56 is 3,968 lbs... a TBs curb weight is roughly 4500 lbs...

But a little ingenuity, and I guess anythings possible :)
So you are saying the T56 wont handle the weight? SRT10's are running them with no problems and they weigh more.
 

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
Joined
·
287 Posts
LSs1Power said:
So you are saying the T56 wont handle the weight? SRT10's are running them with no problems and they weigh more.
From what I've read... they run a modified version of the T56.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iDontKnow said:
From what I've read... they run a modified version of the T56.
They have a larger spline i think 33 compared to 28 or something like that. They also come with steel forks and carbon synchs. I dont know if we can have the larger spline, but i know for a fact that we can swap in the steel forks and synchs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2006 chevy
Joined
·
68 Posts
would need an aftermarket LS2 engine management like MOTEC.... not that that is a bad thing...

and i would bet a new driveshaft...


driver floorboard doesnt look to be clutch pedal friendly cause there was never a TB with a manual


but anything is possible
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
superblue said:
would need an aftermarket LS2 engine management like MOTEC.... not that that is a bad thing...

and i would bet a new driveshaft...


driver floorboard doesnt look to be clutch pedal friendly cause there was never a TB with a manual


but anything is possible

Isnt the LS2 PCM the same as an Auto LS2 GTO? If yes then EFI V2 should control the LS2 PCM on the TBSS or just put a manual GTO LS2 tune in it. Im sure DS is needed. So i get that there is no one who did this before.
 

·
Registered
2006 chevy
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
Uh no the tuning side of it is DEFINATELY not that easy lol.. But I'm relatively sure the trans will fit, however I believe the shifter would end up right in the back of the console.. not exactly optimal placement..
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top